SMC Discussion Areas
September 13, 2024, 01:09:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Spoiled Under 30 crowd  (Read 8148 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 12:22:03 am »

We only had a black and white TV into the early 70's.  My friend down the street had a color console TV with UHF!  That was something!  We walked 6 blocks to school, walked home for lunch and then back to school and then home again at the end of the day.  My sister has 8 kids and one day she was telling them that they needed to get out of the house and be more active.  She told them about our walks to and from school--they did not believe her so she loaded them in the van and took them over to the old neighborhood and clocked the distance.  We were walking almost two miles a day just to school and back!

This thread reminds me of one of my all-time favorite Monty Python skits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

Enjoy!

drinking Tim drinking
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 07:48:18 am »

Who remembers the first time they saw a garage opened by a remote and not by your hand?  I remember pressing the button on our Genie back in the seventies, as a kid, over and over again.  That was fancy.

I think my kids will tell their kids, "When I was a kid, we had to walk to school.  There was an actual building that you used to sit in, and there were these people called teachers."

A lot of stuff.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: