SMC Discussion Areas
June 17, 2024, 04:05:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeburg C  (Read 2905 times)
FDNY1975
10 Cent Member

« on: December 26, 2009, 02:50:28 pm »

Another one for the Juke guru's this 1952 seeburg c is for sale close to me have not seen it in person yet but an told it has been fully restored. This is the only pic he sent me I will post more if I go look at it but was wondering what you guy's haveseen them going for?    Thanks Matt

Matt
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 05:00:59 pm »

I loaned my price guide out, and  it has yet to be returned, but we recently sold a  C for $4500. depending on "fully restored"  I expect anywhere from 2800-5000.

Yeah, it's a big gap, but it depends, was  the chrome trim all replated, or just polished. Was the amp and receiver recapped. the aluminum re-anodized,  the coin mech in place ( if i 'm paying top end dollar, I want it all intact) and working. Look for the little details, the inside cabinet  repainted, the wiring replaced and tied when needed., instruction sheets replaced, it's little details that make no difference in the playing, but give you an idea how muych effort went into the resptre.
Good luck, and keep us posted

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
FDNY1975
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 09:33:15 pm »

Kilroy thanks for the advice I will keep you posted. You mentioned you use a pice guide what is a good guide book for these machines? Thanks

Matt
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 01:03:34 pm »

Matt,
Always Jukin's Price guide is the best on the market.  You can order a copy from their web site.
http://alwaysjukin.storesecured.com/
The market is still soft, and the prices seem slightly skewed toward the high side to me, but I guess you can say that about any  price guide. The market is still very soft right now, if you  have the patience, basic electrical knowledge, and  patience, there are great deals to be had.

Also Checkout Victory Glass for parts if the machine needs work. (victoryglass.com)   I learned on my first machine, a Rockola 1436, it's a really large paper weight if you can't find  replacemement parts. This isn't an issue with the Seeburg C, or most of the Seeburgs, AMI's and Wurly's of the 1950's

Feel free to contact me off line anytime, if i can't help, I can prolly point you to someone who can. PM  or Jlajb_@_motorcityjukebox.com (no underscores).
A jukebox diefinately looks great in the gameroom or man cave next to a coke machine, and it's an art peice, as well as functional.
Good Luck , and good to see you back on the boards.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: