SMC Discussion Areas
June 25, 2024, 06:08:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gasket for S&S 700...  (Read 3248 times)
ozark22
« on: October 18, 2009, 08:07:24 pm »

Getting a lid made. Need correct gasket...but don't have a piece to compare. Can anyone point me to the right supplier ?..Thanks..J
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 08:31:14 pm »

Are there metal strips screwed along the top edge?.... Funtronics just made the gasket for Quikold
(Same company, S&S became Quikold)..... very good chance these are the same...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
ozark22
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 07:28:05 am »

Eric..That's my problem..I don't know any details of the lid. I'm having a new one made. I figured the gasket was just applied with contact cement..or..??..Can anyone with an original..let me know ?..Thanks..j
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 08:37:59 am »

My SS does not have a Gasket, and I've seen some restored, with a gasket and some without,? so I am not sure what is correct?
There is not spot on my original for a gasket to be screwed down.. and so if there was one, it was glued, but I see no evidence of left over glue?
plus the way the lid is recessed, it sits down nicely inside and has a pretty good seal... keep in my these are not refridgerated models, so a TIGHT seal is not as important...

My first guess is that there was NOT one on the ss originally... unlike the quickcold etc.. otherwise there would be evidence of glue or screws where it was held down...

I'm restoring mine ,without one, unless I find something that will look natural on it...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
ozark22
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 08:42:49 am »

I appreciate the info. That's how I was leaning on mine. Just finishing it up..then starting on another gas pump. I found 17 that had been locked in a semi trailer in 1986..40s to late 50s..Plenty of projects for the winter !..This site has been very helpful..Thanks to all...j
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 10:55:28 am »

I heard about the gas pump find,, we gotta see pics of those... if you can't post them, email them to me and I'll post..
I love the Pumps as well,just picked up a National A 38.. pretty cool pump

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: