SMC Discussion Areas

Trouble-Shooting => Refrigeration => Topic started by: Toenges on October 07, 2026, 01:41:56 pm



Title: replace both my mra998 overload relay and Motor Starting Relay
Post by: Toenges on October 07, 2026, 01:41:56 pm


Everybody,

I am looking to replace both my mra998 overload relay and my Klixon 9660-001-130 Motor Starting Relay for my glasco gbv50 slider with 1/4 hp tecumseh compressor.

I am not sure what number should be on the mra998 0verload relay.  Does anybody have extra or know what can be substituted?  I really don't want to go to a 3 in one relay.

Thanks,
Buck


Title: Re: replace both my mra998 overload relay and Motor Starting Relay
Post by: johnieG on October 10, 2026, 07:37:22 am
If your unit doesn’t need a 3-in1 booster/starter, you can replace your old electromechanical klixon unit with a Supco solid-state push on type... https://supco.com/web/supco_live/products/UPRO41.html    it pushes right on the terminals & has a built in overload unit,


Title: Re: replace both my mra998 overload relay and Motor Starting Relay
Post by: johnieG on October 11, 2026, 03:23:30 pm
Hope my info helped you out...