SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 04:30:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81D coin changer, missing some parts.  (Read 12251 times)
Bruce

« on: July 28, 2015, 01:14:32 am »

I recently bought a refurbed 81D, and once I got past the sweetness of the whole thing, discovered that the coin changer had parts missing*.

I contacted the previous owner for any insight, and after some inquiries on their part, it was discovered that a family member had indeed removed part of it (no idea the reason) and "tossed them". This was unknown to the seller and they are working with me to get it complete again.

I've been told that the slug rejector, at the least, is missing, but upon further inspection it appears that it's more than that. I'll attach a few pics. If you need something closer, or a different view, let me know.

Where do I start? I remember at one time seeing ads for companies that do work on these, but was hoping to use ones that have good reputations here. Or maybe someone here has a spare one? (Yeah, I know that's probably a pipe dream.....)

Any thoughts and/or guidance would be appreciated.

*Yes, I didn't educate myself fully before buying, or else I would surely have spotted it before I took it away......
Jonathan816
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 07:23:13 am »

Is this an aftermarket mech and just missing slug rejector?     It appears so as its a change giver but none like I've seen on an original machine.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 07:25:05 am by Jonathan816 » Logged

VMC 81 - Pepsi
VMC 110 - Pepsi
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 08:59:13 am »

It's not a change giver mech, just your standard LD Mech.. looks original (Restored) but not aftermarket.
you can typically find rejectors for sale from time to time.

a member on this site I'm sure will chime in .. he restores all of mine and does outstanding work... he may have a source for you on a rejector and could restore it to match this mech.

his Name is Tom and I'll let him furnish his contact info if he feels he can help you out. Goes by Collecture on this site

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Bruce

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 10:33:19 am »

It's not a change giver mech, just your standard LD Mech.. looks original (Restored) but not aftermarket.
you can typically find rejectors for sale from time to time.

a member on this site I'm sure will chime in .. he restores all of mine and does outstanding work... he may have a source for you on a rejector and could restore it to match this mech.

his Name is Tom and I'll let him furnish his contact info if he feels he can help you out. Goes by Collecture on this site

Thank you, I saw him mentioned in other posts in this section, (as I looked to see if anybody else had a similar issue).

The tech that did the resto thinks he might have a spare rejector, I don't know if it is as nicely finished as the rest of this one is though. And when I showed him some differences of what mine looked like, vs pics of a "complete" one he was working on that he had sent me, he saw that it was more than just a rejector missing, he felt. (As did I, when I pointed out the differences)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 02:30:59 pm »

With that loading instruction sticker on the front, it looks like a change-giver that I restored; however, someone removed all the change-giver parts (they left the Change Slide Actuator spring hanging) plus took the Coin Block, Coin Block bracket, Coin Block Carrier, KO actuator, all of the fingers.
Missing too much to be repaired! If they have the parts, then I can fix it.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Bruce

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 06:37:00 pm »

With that loading instruction sticker on the front, it looks like a change-giver that I restored; however, someone removed all the change-giver parts (they left the Change Slide Actuator spring hanging) plus took the Coin Block, Coin Block bracket, Coin Block Carrier, KO actuator, all of the fingers.
Missing too much to be repaired! If they have the parts, then I can fix it.

BITW did the resto, do you work with them? If so, it probably was yours.

I'll shoot you a PM
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 08:21:42 pm »

Wow !!!

What a Shame !!!! Toms work is top notch !!!! And now most of the parts are gone veryangry   Hang them from the high mask !!!!!

At first glance I thought it was just a Large Door non changer giver

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Bruce

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 11:09:32 pm »

Well, I now have the go ahead to purchase, (went that way instead of a return/refund).

Can someone here educate me some on which ones I should be on the lookout for? I see some listings for 110's, that also include 81's. I have seen that a modified one from a Westinghouse 44 can be made to work. I think I'd like to stay with a setup that is absolutely original, (like if a changer from a 110 is the same as one from an 81) but won't rule doing something like a modified 44 out.

I saw this listing,

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=141732272151&globalID=EBAY-US

and wonder if it is what I need. Tom offered to look anything I find over to see if it has issues, I emailed him, but he hasn't gotten back yet. I'm sure he will, but he has a life outside of here as well. I'm posting now, on the odd chance that someone here knows from Toms description of what mine is missing, that this is what I need, and I should grab it before someone else does.

I know very little about these (obviously) but it looks to be missing the very bottom part, is that where it might store nickels to give out change from maybe?

Thoughts anybody?

Again, any info on the units I should be looking for would be helpful as well.

Thank you,

Bruce

Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 09:04:32 am »

Bruce...You need a lot more than a rejector.  Sad to say, the other parts will be hard to find as Tom noted....You may need to buy a whole complete different mech.

I have a complete large door change giver mech that came off a Vendo 110 that I'd sell.  Not cheap as everyone here knows. Email or PM me if you want pics/price.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:07:04 am by Slider-Bob » Logged

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
Bruce

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 05:12:18 pm »

Bruce...You need a lot more than a rejector.  Sad to say, the other parts will be hard to find as Tom noted....You may need to buy a whole complete different mech.

I have a complete large door change giver mech that came off a Vendo 110 that I'd sell.  Not cheap as everyone here knows. Email or PM me if you want pics/price.

Thank you Bob, email on its way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: