SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 11:47:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin mech operation  (Read 9568 times)
flapjack1439

« on: July 26, 2015, 12:52:01 pm »

I have a Vendo H63A. It's setup for quarter vending. The coin mech will accept only about 1/2 of the quarters put into it. Some fall straight to the coin return and the rest are stuck but go to the coin return after operating the coin return lever. When the machine accepts them, some work fine and some do not trigger the solenoid to allow removal of a bottle.

Does anyone have a description of the process that the mechanism uses to allow vending? It seems pretty straight forward but you can't really see what goes on. There seems to be 3 solenoids. 1 behind the mech and 2 next to it. When it's working I can trigger the left side lower one which operates the left side upper one and it vends. When it's not working I can not trigger the lower one. What is the purpose of the one behind it?

Any comments would be appreciated.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 07:19:32 pm »

Pictures would help.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 07:47:59 pm »

Tom's the expert here, but it sounds like you need to give the slug rejector a good washing with soap and water and also need an adjustment to the trip lever that is on the quarter chute.  Does it vend ok with dimes or nickels? 

flapjack1439

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 10:57:00 pm »

As far as I know, it only works with quarters. Does anyone have an exploded view so I know which parts are which?

I need to figure out how to post a pic.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 10:58:44 pm by flapjack1439 » Logged
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 05:37:41 am »

I need to figure out how to post a pic.
See if this tool helps... Resizing Photos

My six cents,

Jim

flapjack1439

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 12:47:58 pm »

I tried resizing and using a link from Snapfish to post a pic with no luck. Is there somewhere on here to tell me how to post a pic?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 12:50:47 pm by flapjack1439 » Logged
flapjack1439

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 01:37:33 pm »

Here's a link to pictures.

http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=16500561013/a=99138450_99138450/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/
flapjack1439

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 04:31:52 pm »

It was a struggle but here's a few pics.

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 09:33:41 am »

First off, I'd take the slug rejector (2nd pic) and clean it all off with dish soap and water, and let it dry thoroughly (hit with some compressed air if you have it).  Make sure you pull open the 'flaps' and clean inside there as well.

2nd, about halfway down on the right side of the mech, you see a curved opening.  That is where the quarter micro-switch lever/wire is that trips after the quarter makes it through the slug rejector.  Those can bend over time and cause the half accepting issue that you have.  You'll most likely have to open up the panel on the back of the mech to access the wire, then bend it slightly upwards until it is in the operating range.

3rd but not necessary, all that soot at the top is from the mech heater, the brown component just below the soot.  I would disconnect that and cap the wires off, it's not a necessary component if you keep the machine inside or for personal use.

flapjack1439

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 11:17:19 am »

Thanks for the reply.

After cleaning the slug ejector, should it be lubricated at all?

I have my machine outside but I'm assuming I'll have to stop stocking it come the cold part of winter, I'm outside Chicago, so the bottles don't freeze.
It makes sense to disconnect it. Is it on its own thermostat or is it always on? As a kid I remember these out all winter at the gas station. Any idea how they stopped the bottles from freezing?

In the second pic, there is a switch or solenoid just to the right of the heater. It has a couple of wire arms coming out of it that appeared to be bent. It looks like it should integrate with the slug ejector. What is its purpose?

It seems the bottom mounting screw for the mech is missing. I would think that it wouldn't matter, but could that effect the operation?

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 11:50:10 am »

No lubrication on the slug rejector, it stays dry.

The heater is always on as far as I know.

The piece next to the heater is the Coin Return (Reject?) Electro Magnet (CREM), it comes on when the machine is ready to vend and prevents someone from putting in more coins, it pulls back after a bottle has vended allowing more coins to be entered.  The arms are supposed to be bent.

The only thing that would matter with the bottom mounting screw is if it caused the mech to not sit level, which might affect operation.

flapjack1439

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 01:55:15 pm »

Are the bent wires on the CREM supposed to slide into openings in the slug rejector? Mine were kind of bent out of the way and I can keep putting money in regardless of it's ready to vend or not. Not the end of the world, but I like it to work like it's supposed to.
flapjack1439

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 10:00:41 am »

I cleaned up the slug ejector and it hasn't rejected a coin since. Thanks.

Where would I find a model number on it? Is this supposed to take dimes and nickels?
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: