SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 05:55:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: coin mechanism won't reset--doesn't seem to be vend solenoid or switch  (Read 4713 times)
SelVend 7 up
5 Cent Member

« on: June 13, 2015, 02:30:01 pm »

Hello, all.  I have a Sel Vend 64 that is similar to a Cavalier 64.  Sometimes, sporadically when the unit vends, it won't reset.   When you pull a bottle through the gate, it buzzes heavily but the lights don't come back on and the unit won't reset.  I read another post here about checking the vend solenoid and switch.....making sure the gap is correct.  I manually cycled the vend solenoid and switch many, many times and the issues never arises.  As soon as I drop money in the unit, usually within 2 to 3 vends, it goes back to the buzzing business and doesn't reset. 

Any help you can provide is truly appreciated.  I assume it's reasonable to guess it's the coin mech?

Thanks,
Chris
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 11:17:40 pm »

>>I assume it's reasonable to guess it's the coin mech?
Could very well be. Best to trace the entire electrical system looking for shorts dirty connections etc. Many better at these issues than myself. Hope they chime in.
Creighton
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 11:29:46 pm »

An easy way to isolate the coin mech is to set the machine up for free vend, which needs a couple of jumpers and a momentary push switch, see the thread pinned to the top of this forum section.  Do you know what mech the machine has, Coinco?

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 10:54:25 am »

If your machine has a metal chassis old electro-mehanical coinmech with a stepper relay coil, replace it with a newer style electronic coinco 75-9800 A or B model, or any equivalent style  MARS or similar coinmechs.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
SelVend 7 up
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 09:47:00 am »

My coin mech is a national rejectors 7900.  This weekend it went through a period of taking money but not unlocking the gate or turning off the light.  Came out of it after awhile though.

Any advice is appreciated and valued.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 10:44:39 am »

A hammer  darn and a Coinco 75-9800.

Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: