SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 08:29:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinco 790-7 and Light Up Sign Problems  (Read 11118 times)
chuggybear

« on: January 24, 2015, 03:25:53 pm »

Hello everyone!

I am new to this board and I just purchased a Cavalier CSSC-8-64.  I have noticed it has a few problems with it and was wondering if you guys could help me out.  

UPDATE: FIXED - First, the Coinco 790-7 acceptor when outside of the coin mechanism accepts all coins and directs them to the proper location.  Once I put the acceptor into the coin mechanism, it rejects everything.  Anybody have any idea what is going on?  

UPDATE: FIXED - Second, I have the coin mech set for 10 cents.  If I remove the acceptor and place the correct number of coins in the proper spot on the coin mech, it sends the signal to the solenoid and will vend properly.  However, if I place a quarter in the proper slot, it sends the signal to vend, but will not give any change.  This locks up the machine and will not vend any more, regardless of what coins are going in.  Any idea on what I can do to fix this problem?

UPDATE: FIXED - Third, I have a light up sign model, but the light is not working.  Is there a good way to test and see what is wrong?  I know it can either be the bulb, fuse, or ballast.  Any way to test which one it is except buying each part and replacing it?

Fourth, will this Free Vend switch work with my machine? http://www.fun-tronicsllc.com/index.php?crn=235&rn=653&action=show_detail  I would like to mount it behind the Coin Release to provide free vend when pulled.  Would I just need to purchase wire and run them as described in the Free Play Switch post?  If so, what gauge wires?

UPDATE: FIXED - Finally, the unit is missing 3 shelves.  Does anyone have any for sale that I can purchase?

Pictures are all attached at the end of this post.

Thanks everyone!

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:58:12 am by chuggybear » Logged
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 09:37:57 am »

RE your coinmech, it will reject all coins if it doesn't have enough nickels in the change tubes for one thing, or your CREM coils are burnt out & interfering wit the acceptance of coins when the rejector's inserted back into the coinmech. Also if your coinmechs change-motor may no power or may be jammed with stuck coin in the bottom area. do you hear the change motor running when you drop in a quarter?

Download a manual for a coinco S75-9800 series coinmech, it has some useful trouble shooting tips.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Fire708
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 12:28:37 pm »

For the light, I just replaced all three parts as mine were showing signs of age. The ballast was $12 at my local ACE hardware. I spent less than $20. While it was out I wired a switch so I could turn off the light but leave machine plugged in and cooling.
chuggybear

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 05:35:45 pm »

RE your coinmech, it will reject all coins if it doesn't have enough nickels in the change tubes for one thing, or your CREM coils are burnt out & interfering wit the acceptance of coins when the rejector's inserted back into the coinmech. Also if your coinmechs change-motor may no power or may be jammed with stuck coin in the bottom area. do you hear the change motor running when you drop in a quarter?

Download a manual for a coinco S75-9800 series coinmech, it has some useful trouble shooting tips.

Thanks for the tip about the nickels. Once I filled it up in both tubes, it works great! Earlier I only had change in one of them. Now everything works without any trouble, including giving change. Another question, I know the dip switches are 5, 10, 20, and 40. If I turn off all of the dip switches, should it enable free vend?

Thanks!
chuggybear

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 05:37:25 pm »

For the light, I just replaced all three parts as mine were showing signs of age. The ballast was $12 at my local ACE hardware. I spent less than $20. While it was out I wired a switch so I could turn off the light but leave machine plugged in and cooling.

Thanks for the tip. I went to Home Depot today but couldn't find a ballast that matched. Do you happen to know what the part number is at Ace Hardware? I will head there next.

Thanks!
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 10:50:52 am »

Hi, I have used Roberts Direct (http://www.robertsondirect.com/default.aspx) for the last two ballast I needed (through the recommendation from a member on this site).  One was for a Vendo 56 square-top and the other for a halo light up sign.  Both worked perfectly.  Once you find the correct ballast the site will direct you to where tobuy it.  In my case it was amazon and you only had to buy 1.  So, that might work for you.  Here is the link: http://www.robertsondirect.com/default.aspx.  Hope that helps.
Fire708
25 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 12:29:11 pm »

Couldn't find an ACE part # but I found this.
https://www.google.com/shopping/product/15287999661348452590?q=fluorescent+transformer&client=safari&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=649&bav=on.2,or.&bvm=bv.85076809,d.cGU&tch=1&ech=1&psi=92DOVNPBAtS2ogSX84DQAw.1422811384007.3&prds=paur:ClkAsKraX4arD9tSD9vGhVRBI_ne4oz7WVrqDQef39oVN5zWaDkBv0jYdOEqIV5ifmqk61uAomIKVBkHpzqr-954myRMNmj8fWgQtATG2682YVPvzB8N9eoNPhIZAFPVH72tFGMLWLGe5XoO__1cZQWdQcL6sw&ei=A2HOVLyKIo2xogTe3YHACg&ved=0CMoBEKYrMAM

Same transformer and will work with your bulb.
Fire708
25 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 01:10:50 pm »

That switch will work for free vend, it's what I used in my v63.
For my former 8-64, I used a round switch and drilled a hole behind the marquee, you can access the switch but can't see it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: