SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 04:47:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newer cavalier pop machine not working  (Read 3103 times)
« on: November 14, 2003, 07:54:52 pm »

hi to all.....love this site.....have a big problem:  have a newer cavalier (1999) pop machine that won't work.....it's getting power into the main unit box and the bill validator works but i can't get the machine to take off or do anything....model cx-200 series....i've got the manual but no luck....does anyone have a newer machine fitting this criteria? cavalier went out of business a few years ago so i can't go through them for anything......email:  dolly@crown.net.......
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 09:27:29 pm »

Hi & Welcome, Well then, lets get a little specific now, and break it down into components of function

1. has it ever worked or did you buy it this way?
2. does it lightup? (assuming it's a lightup bubble-front)
3. does the compressor run & if so does it get cold?
4. does the inside (product area) fan run?
5. if it accepts a bill/coins, does it attempt to vend?

lets get it down to a Localized area of the machines functions
& go from there.

keep with  the basics

A:It turns on ,lights-up & gets cold
B:accepts coins & validates bills & credits for a vend cycle gives proper change. (ie: you've got it loaded with change in the coin tubes)
C:sold out indicators are off ( ie: its loaded with enough  
product & ready to vend)
Hope we can help.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2003, 07:10:17 am »

johnie, hi and thanks for your time on my problem.....well, about 3 weeks ago i bought it from a young man who had it outside a car dealership......he stated when he first bought the machine it worked perfectly fine but then one day it just quit altogether.....the man told me he had never bothered to work on it because he didn't know anything about the machine and was financially unable to pay anyone to work on it.....that's when i purchased it from him......next i got home and took the "power unit" (where the machine plugs in)....to a friend of mine who is an electrician.....inside this power unit are (3) relays and he found that one was bad.....so i ordered a new exact one and replaced it yesterday.....no luck....that didn't do anything.
here is exactly what it's doing:
1.  where the power comes from the source into the "power supply box...i know i'm getting power......i've checked the fuse and its fine.....the reason i know i'm getting power is because when i first turn on the toggle switch "power" to the machine, the only thing that lites up and makes a noise is my dollar bill changer......from there nothing else works......i got looking more in detail at the manual the young man gave to me and it shows where i should be able to see the "error codes".....well, i found the exact brain box inside the door (upper top) and i don't have a visual readout....i have a reset mode button but nothing more......
2.  no lights lighting up, no fan working, no compressor working....seems dead in all areas except the bill validator lights up and makes some noises when i first give the machine power.....
****i personally just don't know where to go from here.....very frustrating because i want to in "with the guys" and have this machine running.....p.s. i'm in the doghouse with my wife bigtime so any help would be appreciated....
thanks!
wendell
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2003, 07:55:52 pm »

Yea sounds like you've got a power issue there, find the power cord for the compressor & follow it to a junction box on the lower deck, it should plug into what looks like a power outlet, unplug it & using an extenision cord, 16 gauge or bigger, plug the compressor into the extension cord & plug it into the wall, the compressor should kick in, if not then the overload/circut breaker on the compressor itself is open.
if it DOES turn on let it run for about 5 minutes then shut it off
now plug the machines power cord into the wall & turn on the switch for the machine, now if you plug say a trouble light into the socket where the compressor goes it should have power at that point, if not then somewhere there's an open in the line side of the power harness, or the main circut breaker's tripped, I don't have a diagram here so I'm working blind. but I'm thinking you have low voltage for the vending logic, but the machines not geting line power to the fans, compressor, & vending motors, lets see how far we get now.
because somewere on the machine is an open circut.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: