SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 03:38:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideal a-55 chest type slider soda dispenser  (Read 5256 times)
« on: November 04, 2003, 03:29:42 pm »

I am looking for some info on a soda dispenser a friend of mine has.  It is made by IDEAL dispenser CO.  in Bloomington, IL.  Model number is A-55, serial number R3 L L 1414.  This is a chest type slider dispenser, it is not rounded on the corners, the metal I would call corrigated, it once had a sign on the front, which is missing.  He was told that it was a Dr. Pepper machine.  The coin slot is built in instead of being mounted on the outside.  The cooler still works, but the racks are missing from the inside.   Any info would be appreciated along with a estimate of value.

Thanks
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 04:46:45 pm »

Hello Tom,

Have you looked in the Soda Machines Section under the Ideal Manufacturer...?
Browse the models listed to see which one looks like yours; if nothing resembles, perhaps you could post a photo for us to see what your friend has...
I will say that most of the Ideal dispencers I've seen have an external coin mech...
I'm not sure what information you're looking for but an estimate on the cooler without seeing it and not knowing condition, missing the vending rack and it sounds like it may be a 60's model... All would lead me to say between $100 - $250

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: