SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 10:03:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81 shelf  (Read 3293 times)
« on: September 16, 2003, 08:37:52 pm »

Hello to all! I love this site.  Just want to know what to do with the plastic wheel on the underside of the 9 shelves that allows the tension spring to glide on.  It is held on with a rivot and I don't have a way of re-rivoting them back after they are powder coated.  I think they will melt as the oven gets to 400 degrees and the items are baked for 20 plus minutes.
I have finished the exterior and now it is time for the inside.  I am just woundering what you pros. do?  Any help or advice is great.  Thanks again, jeremiekadzik
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2003, 08:26:51 am »

Usually only the bottlestack faceplate is powdercoated, to resist chipping. The stack is dissasembled and zinc plated, but the shelves can be zinc plated without removing the roller.  
    I don't plate the springs though,as they often break on me.
    By the way, you are doing such a nice job on your 81, why do you want to do the "cheapest" paint job on your compressor?
     On many old machines the compressor is hidden, but the 81 exposes it every time you open the door. Take it apart, paint all components with a spray can, and reassemble with new bolts.  Steel wool makes the copper lines and fanblade look like new.  
     When installing new wires, relocating the junction box to the rear of the compressor plate leaves a much neater look.
You will be pleased with your efforts.
      (guess I should have responded under both your posts, I'll probably hear it from the boardmasters)         Glen

Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: