SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 06:58:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re-chrome or buy new?  (Read 4004 times)
joesquid
25 Cent Member

« on: February 27, 2003, 04:56:57 pm »

I have a Vendo 144E and am in the process of restoring it.  The chrome coin acceptor (chrome piece covers top portion of coin box and includes "sold out" indicator) is faded and has a bunch of pin holes in the chrome.  Should I get it rechromed or just try and find a new piece?

Eric "Joe Squid" Johnson

1955 Vendo 23 - awaiting restoration
1959 Westinghouse WC-44SK - awaiting parts
1967 Cavalier CS-64G - functional in house
1969 Vendo 63 - in restoration
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2003, 08:50:04 pm »

Well Eric, we all wish we could pick up the phone and  buy a new piece. Most parts for these old machines have long been discontinued by Vendo.  Thankfully some thoughtfull people have stepped in to reproduce some of these more important parts.                                                                                   You will need a coin entry bezel from another 144 or a Vendo 80. If you find them used, they won't be in much better condition than yours, so they will need to be re-chromed anyway.
       I have purchased a reproduction from Jeff Walters for a Vendo 56 / 81 / 110 that look good and will fit your machine, but has a solid cutout in the window, yours is split.
       A good chrome plater will sand your bezel, weld in the pits and send it back to you with stunning results.

Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: