SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 07:11:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Salesman sample cooler  (Read 3609 times)
« on: September 08, 2002, 07:51:22 pm »

I am attempting to restore a CC salesmans sample cooler.   I am in need of the following:  1.)  I need to find someone to nickel plate the bottle opener and 2 lid handles.  2.)  I also need a rubber gasket for the top.  Any ideas what would work here?   3.)  Also, I have the front snap-on piece to convert it to a closed-front model.  It appears that there were 2 clips on the backside to help hold it to the cooler, but they have been broken off.  I need a photo of the back of the closed-front piece so that I can have the clips duplicated as closely as possible to the original.  4.)  What about painting?  I have talked to a local man who thinks he can make a screen to silk-screen the lettering onto it and would be able to include the 'Trademark U.S. Pat. Off.' into the tail that painting any other way would not be possible to do.  Should I paint the cooler and lettering with a base coat/clear coat method, or do the red in enamel and then letter it.  I know that the enamel was probably the original method, but does it make any difference?  I will welcome any input that I can get from as many different people as possible.   Thanks in advance!
(I have never attempted to restore anything before, but have a brother-in-law helping me who is one of the best autobody men in the area.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: