SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 11:34:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chrome actuator handle???  (Read 8493 times)
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2005, 12:04:22 am »

It has been years, but I used to use a product named "semi-chrome" to clean and polish parts on my motorcycles.  It worked great and left a protective coating. Anyone know if its still out there, and has anyone tried it?
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2005, 04:59:33 pm »

I'm really glad I stopped by on this topic and also had a look at the previous linked issue of the handle and the way it comes to bits. I'm about ready to send my handle off to be re-chromed. (Went for that option rather than spending hours trying to get a shine)

I have a couple of questions.

1. What appears to be the purpose of the spring inside the handle?? If I look down the shaft it would appear that the spring is self contained within its little chamber.

2. I appreciate Glenn's advice about stripping it all down before sending off. Something I probably would not have done. However, my chamber cover and shaft are rusty. By removing the spring and then assembling it again will this eleviate the freezing and therefore allow the rest of the handle to be chromed?? (Hope that makes sense. Its late here and my head hurts)

Cheers

Dave

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: