SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 05:47:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Touch ups  (Read 6461 times)
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« on: April 26, 2005, 02:20:13 pm »

I want to touch up a few areas on my pepsi machine, but the majority of the paintwork is still good..  If I buy a can of spray enamel will this do for small areas ?  (I don't own an air compressor, and a professional is out of the question)

While I'm at it.. how do I clean plexi-glass signs ? the pepsi logo on my machine appears to have had tape stuck to it at one stage and there are sticky marks on it...

Last but not least, what flavours would a pepsi machine in the 70's have carried ? (I want to put in authentic flavour labels)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 02:53:57 pm »

Pepsi products in 16 and 10 ounce returnable glass bottles.
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 03:13:44 pm »

Quote (Markito @ April 26 2005,3:53)
Pepsi products in 16 and 10 ounce returnable glass bottles.

Just need the names of the products.. I won't be loading the machine.. (just want to get it looking good for sale)

Mine's been converted to cans.. (came like it) You think that takes away from the value ?
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 04:45:44 pm »

Quote (Skeleton Man @ April 26 2005,1:20)
I want to touch up a few areas on my pepsi machine, but the majority of the paintwork is still good..  If I buy a can of spray enamel will this do for small areas ?  (I don't own an air compressor, and a professional is out of the question)

While I'm at it.. how do I clean plexi-glass signs ? the pepsi logo on my machine appears to have had tape stuck to it at one stage and there are sticky marks on it...

Touch-ups probably won't work.  Very hard to match colors after 20+ yrs of weathering.  Personally I think you need to decide to repaint everything OR buff and shine what you have.

On the plexiglass - Peel what you can with heat (hair dryer will do) and clean the residue with Simple Green, Windex, Goof-Off or similar cleaner.

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 05:02:03 pm »

buff and shine it is.. the bits I wanna paint are only visble with the main door open..  what's best for buffing/shining the paint, and the stainless/galvanised can racks ?
DanV
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 10:26:25 pm »

As far as the flavors, find a teem label (I miss that pop) , a diet pepsi, a MD, a pepsi, and a Patio label (that was their flavor soda--rootbeer and grape and orange):Wink:
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 11:37:52 am »

Anyone got the above flavour labels ? (any 4 will do, machine only has 4 selections)
DanV
5 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 08:13:31 pm »

Got mine from funtronics.
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 10:30:36 am »

Oh, I see.

BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 10:26:08 pm »

Quote (Skeleton Man @ April 26 2005,4:02)
buff and shine it is.. the bits I wanna paint are only visble with the main door open..  what's best for buffing/shining the paint, and the stainless/galvanised can racks ?

have been told that regular car stuff can be used for buffing and shining the outside parts.  

Simple green and/or CLR to clean the galvanized metal parts.  Steel wool will help on the hard stuff but be careful as it will scratch and it can even strip the galvanized coating off if you rub too hard.

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: