SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 11:13:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Compressor Repainted  (Read 12161 times)
Netminder8

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 04:50:30 pm »

I just got my first vending machine and want to do the same. Is there anything I need to watch for or NOT to do when doing this? Like... A certain kind of paint or don't pray a certain area etc.  I'd appreciate the tips on a restore.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 08:20:19 am »

The photo shows you pretty well what you can do.

the key is to remove all wiring, fan motors , thermostat.. and get the unit cleaned up very well,, if soap and water doesn't do it get it sandblasted or at least a wire brush out and scrub the heck out of it..

once it's clean and dry.. then paint away.

I've used several kinds of paint and haven't had any issues.. some say to use high heat for the compressor , but if your compressor is getting so hot it needs high heat paint you have other issues.

depends if you like the glossy black look , flat black or if you have a lot of imperfections in the metal you can go with a hammertone..

for the condenser (top portion) many use silver hammer tone or just as silver metallic paint.

Good luck! hope this helps

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 10:26:50 am »

AS a plumber working with old buildings that want a cooper pipe to stay shinny when exposed if you sand it and clear coat it , it will not oxidize and will remain shinny.

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
wee
10 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2013, 09:26:32 pm »

Netminder8....I'm not trying to hi-jack this thread but I finished my first machine about a year ago and took tons of pics and kept up with the process on a blog.....You might get some tips from it. I got lot's of help from the good folks here.

www.vendo80.blogspot.com

Brian

Netminder8

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 12:27:49 am »

Thanks for the advice. I just picked up another machine today. I couldn't resist. I got my first Vendo H63-A in full working condition no major rust but a few dings. Nothing some body work and paint can't fix. Then today, from the same guy I got a Cavalier USS-8-64 in full working condition with no rust and no dings. Actually a great cleaning would be enough. Both units for $150.00 each. I thought it was a decent deal.
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 07:56:46 am »

Thanks for the advice. I just picked up another machine today. I couldn't resist. I got my first Vendo H63-A in full working condition no major rust but a few dings. Nothing some body work and paint can't fix. Then today, from the same guy I got a Cavalier USS-8-64 in full working condition with no rust and no dings. Actually a great cleaning would be enough. Both units for $150.00 each. I thought it was a decent deal.

The USS-8-64 is probably the best of the square-top machines overall.  Definitely one of the most versatile.  I have one in my garage and was happy to have it for double what you paid for yours.  Well done!

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 12:37:01 am »

Got the refrigeration order in on Saturday, a few evenings and a little help from a friend dropping the compressor in. 

sbcroix

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 02:39:57 am »

Nice
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: