SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 02:32:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parenting hurdles never end...  (Read 2797 times)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« on: November 13, 2013, 11:39:31 am »

So this crazy guy murders his B-I-L, wife and daughter and then kills himself yesterday.

Kids go to school this morning and then more info is released on the news. She had put a restraining order on him in court yesterday and he had given her a window that she could come and collect some things. Apparently planned - he parked down the street, snuck up and shot the B-I-L while he was sitting in his truck, killed his daughter inside the house; killed his wife and then set her on fire in the back yard, then killed himself in the alley a block or so away. Apparently Police were called to the house last month for a suicide threat from him. The middle school had also asked that he stay away from school because of a hot head. Right there is when he needs to be RED flagged and all weapons need to be confiscated.

Turns out it was a girl that was not in my son's grade, but one above it. She went to his elementary school and was an honors student, which means my son had her in his honors classes there.
So after school, we are going to have to sit down and try to explain this senseless act to him. Why do people do this crap? Just take your own life!!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 12:12:05 pm »

Why do people do this crap?

It's the resentment of a restraining order, or a divorce / custody settlement and it happens way too often!

All these women and children should be given 48 hrs police protection, as sort of a "cool down" time.

Glen
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 12:58:56 pm »

Why do people do this crap? Just take your own life!!

Agreed. 

A lot of stuff.
Swachtelncc
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 04:04:33 pm »

Agreed just should hurt himself not anyone else,
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 04:20:13 pm »

Wow Tom, that is a difficult conversation. 

Please don't read this as me being flippant about a horrible situation, but in my experience (I have 3 boys ages 17,14 and 11) children can be amazingly practical and more resilient than we often give them credit.   

My advice, for what it's worth:   Have a frank conversation with him, encourage your son to ask any questions and don't be afraid to look him in the eye and say "I just don't know why" as an answer.

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 06:03:54 pm »

Being  a state trooper for 37 years and responding to countless domestic disputes,  I can tell you that this is a really tough call.  The police know that the person is dangerous but you simply can not do anything until the person takes some kind of action.

I know it sounds crazy but the best thing you can do is give the person a shotgun show them where the safety is and tell them to point it at the person and keep pulling the trigger until they are no longer moving or you are out of ammunition.

If you rely on a protective order to protect you from a truly deranged person YOU WILL DIE.   The best defense has to be in your hand and you have to be willing to use it,  as to this lady never trust anyone especially if they say they will be gone and you can pick up your stuff and no need to call the police to standby....

Seen many of these and you simply have to protect yourself.....

aspbear
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 02:14:47 pm »

Great advise Aspbear.  Especially Coming from an  expert.

BC

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain