SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 04:09:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago Roll Call and Party Room Reservation  (Read 35287 times)
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 06:01:56 pm »

I will be there with Harrison. Are we going to bring soda from our area to pass around? I know we talked about it. If so i will bring some Dad's root beer in glass if we are.

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 08:05:35 pm »

I'm still on the fence if I'm going.  It's TBD for now.  Pat P generously offered a ride with him if any of the Michigan Mafia wanted to make the trip with him (and I would gladly contribute to the travel costs) and John (Sign Guy) offered to split his expenses for the outside parking lot sales on Friday that required the dealer permit to sell in parking lot area.  I have numerous sliders that I may offer for sale, along with that Transitional Faygo VMC 81 mentioned in previous posts.  I'd really like to go as I've never been there, but I'm not sure if I want to just go as a buyer (with Pat P) or as both as buyer/seller on my own.  I can haul my stuff down there if I decide to sell...I'm just not sure yet if that's the route I want to go with (sell vs. buy). I think I'll decide as the date draws closer, where I can see what I still have for sale and if I can make the trip.  I had 3 emails today from people wanting coin boxes, racks, cap catchers and side doors for sliders.  At this rate, I may not have much to sell by the time November rolls around.  I just want to go really bad to meet other members, to take it all in, and to just see what it's all about!!!  Anybody else on the fence?

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
David D
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 09:27:43 pm »

I'll try to make it Thursday night.
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 10:34:38 pm »

Bob,  I'm still on the fence too, I'm thinking about going (1st timer) and taking the wife's mini van  "it can hold allot" but not looking forward to the 5~6 hour ride. Oo For work,  I used to have drive to Chicago once a month for a few years straight and still do allot of driving for them.

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 11:26:35 pm »

If it were only 5 hours away from me and I had never been before and there was a cahnce to meet up with a load of guys who share my
hobby I'd definately be going.

Get in that van and get down there.

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 08:38:14 am »

If it were only 5 hours away from me and I had never been before and there was a cahnce to meet up with a load of guys who share my
hobby I'd definately be going.

Get in that van and get down there.

We'll said Dave!!!  All I can say is if you havne't been there, then this is the time to come.. not to mention the good group of guys/gals on hand, but it's just plain fun... if your a regular on this site and love what others have to post about, etc... then this is like a real life version of a website.. actual people finding deals, makeing deals , finding things to add to their collection and the best part, you can see what they are getting first hand!  pretty cool..
and like I said if you have something you want to sell, your more than welcome to drop it by my booth, it'll be me and a buddy heading down this year.  oh and those within 5-6 hours.. it's not a bad drive!  (wow, I sound like it's my show or something?) I just have fun seeing everyone! happydrinkers

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 12:55:41 pm »

I bought the Canadan Dry slider off of Bob. Would anyone be able to bring it to the Chicago show for me? Would pay a small fee for delivering it.
Thanks

I'm still on the fence if I'm going.  It's TBD for now.  Pat P generously offered a ride with him if any of the Michigan Mafia wanted to make the trip with him (and I would gladly contribute to the travel costs) and John (Sign Guy) offered to split his expenses for the outside parking lot sales on Friday that required the dealer permit to sell in parking lot area.  I have numerous sliders that I may offer for sale, along with that Transitional Faygo VMC 81 mentioned in previous posts.  I'd really like to go as I've never been there, but I'm not sure if I want to just go as a buyer (with Pat P) or as both as buyer/seller on my own.  I can haul my stuff down there if I decide to sell...I'm just not sure yet if that's the route I want to go with (sell vs. buy). I think I'll decide as the date draws closer, where I can see what I still have for sale and if I can make the trip.  I had 3 emails today from people wanting coin boxes, racks, cap catchers and side doors for sliders.  At this rate, I may not have much to sell by the time November rolls around.  I just want to go really bad to meet other members, to take it all in, and to just see what it's all about!!!  Anybody else on the fence?

Rod
Fun-Tronics
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 11:54:19 pm »

C'mon guys 5 hours is nothing.....it's 15 for me. I plan on taking delivery of a very cool fantasy piece, and displaying it in my booth inside.
  TFJ

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 07:15:34 am »

C'mon guys 5 hours is nothing.....it's 15 for me. I plan on taking delivery of a very cool fantasy piece, and displaying it in my booth inside.
  TFJ

Grapette 81??

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 03:26:01 pm »

You guys are right if everything goes right and I can get my buddy to go, then I'll probably be there. I would like to find  something cool to take home... Maybe a 1950's~1960's slot machine, not so old that it's too expensive, but not too new that it huge.
Any ideas what to look for?

Ray  
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:51:36 pm by rayg » Logged

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer