SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 01:13:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Polly Pop Cooler  (Read 3907 times)
oscar
Soda Jerks

« on: November 10, 2008, 07:34:53 pm »

Has anybody got an idea on a value for a Polly Pop cooler?

Kevin
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 07:41:50 pm »

It looks to be a Glasscock, I don't know if sometime in the past someone replaced the ad panels, or if it was manufactured  for  Polly.
It looks to be in really nice shape,  did the seller have any pictures of the  inside cooler or back?  I get suspicious of one pic, start wondering what isn't being shown.

I've seen these go for $300 -500  unrestored., but I'd wait for more  other opinions

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 08:17:35 pm »

He said he would send me some more pictures but he wants $750. I thought that might be high but i've never seen one before. It's probable from 1923 or close as that is when the company started.
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 08:30:01 pm »

He sent me some pictures. It's pretty rough and the insides all rusted. I'm going to pass on it.

Thanks for the info

Kevin
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 09:53:37 am »

Not sure about Polly Pop, but I do know that that cooler is not a Glascock , It's an S&S 700 series ice chest.. you can tell by the stamped out legs from the bottom rack, I think they are pretty cool, I'd love to have one someday to make and offbrand... I'd say the cooler frame itself would be worth around 250.00 SIgns? never heard of Polly and they look shot?

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 11:57:28 pm »

It's pretty rare but also pretty rough.. He's been trying to sell that all year...
I found it this spring and had passed it on to a Polly Pop collector and they even passed on it.
the signs are too rough.. believe it was bottled here in Missouri or at least one bottler was here
as the collector I spoke with said... Not much out there besides bottles, carriers, caps
and a few simple printed cardboard signs... I passed too rough he also has a
Westinghouse Coke junior for sale but again to high for what it is.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: