SMC Discussion Areas
May 31, 2024, 06:31:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Exciting day today  (Read 5085 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 10:37:01 am »

They look great...

I've tried the vinyl lettering and clearing over it and it all bubbled up and had to remove it all and the clear,, made a mess... but wanted to give it a go once.

I usually have them hand lettered by a sign painter and will continue to do that as I like the full look of that better... the vinyl is just a little too skinny in spots and looks like it doesn't fit on the lettering just right.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 03:11:04 pm »

This is somewhat self indulgent, but I am starting to make a bit of progress and when I ask the wife what she thinks I get one of those "yes dear, thats very nice" looks.  So I thought I would throw up a couple pics to a more interested audience.  I spent the last two evenings trying to remember how bottle stacks get reassembled.  Got the 81 stack put back together last night and the 56 stack the night before.  Fortunately they are basicly carbon copies of each other so only had to solve once and then repeat.  My 9 year old likes puzzles so we sat down and figured it out together.  He's pretty sure his contribution gives him ownership rights. biggrin

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: