SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 03:23:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What was this?  (Read 2818 times)
« on: January 19, 2004, 06:08:57 pm »

Howdy all,
I just got my new vendo 83 home and have a question.  I still cant open it as the key still has not arrived in the mail.  There is the faint outline, the mounting screws, and a hole through the door where something rectangular with round corners was bolted to the front of the machine.  Any ideas what might have been attatched to the machine?
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 09:32:21 pm »

my guess would be an external penny box! used for when Coke went from 5 to  6-cents a bottle, probably not a nickle changer though, as they had a bigger "foot-print" and were usally mounted on the sides of the machines. they probably removed it when the mech was updates to 10 cents a bottle,
however the 83 will not vend "King size" (12oz. bottles) hope this helps you...JohnieG

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 09:39:41 pm »

interesting.  did the penny box interact with the interior works in some way?  When I look into the hole with a flash light all I see is a hole through the insulation all the way to the door liner, but not through the door liner.  I guess it would help If I had the key...  Lets hope the mail carrier brings it tomorrow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: