SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 08:29:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pawn Stars on History Channel  (Read 18434 times)
Pat Pixley
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2009, 12:12:22 am »

HE MADE IT INTO A FRIDGE  !!!        Sorry that is not restoring it . glare
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2009, 12:29:39 am »

HE MADE IT INTO A FRIDGE  !!!        Sorry that is not restoring it . glare

Pictures of the 39 fridge are on his website. Not going to bother to copy, paste, resize, etc.
All parts to complete a 39 are available - most all of them available as repros - $$$, but available. Agree with Pat!

Terry - Got to agree on the sandblasting ideal pic (with compressor intact)!  Oo
I saw another picture where he used the cap catcher from a Westinghouse Giant Electric on a bow out chest cooler.

So Joey - you think he was asking to buy your restoration to use on a TV show and call it his restoration??
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 12:32:04 am by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2009, 12:52:41 am »

I dont know what he was planning, at the time I had a unrestored C-96 and the restored C-72 that already sold and he really wanted the C-72 and needed it yesterday fast.

If you watch the Barber chair episode you will see that beat up V-39 in the background.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Pat Pixley
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2009, 01:36:53 am »

JOEY that is interesting , so if you had still had the 72 do you think he would have paid what ever you wanted ? Maybe a little more ?

And Terry your Right ,Rick should be embarrassed for doing something like this and I just saw the photo of the 39 as a Fridge  glare Like Tom had  said there are parts out there from the Vendors to restore it.
and I also saw the 55 getting sand blasted with the compressor ,  So we could also think that it got painted with the compressor in it as well.  

I have quit watching the show it has drove me nuts.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 10:56:26 am by Pat Pixley » Logged
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2009, 05:58:28 am »

On Ricks behalf, when I did the TV show Roker On The Road, Blast from the past, after they were done shooting which took 5 hours they came back to my shop on Monday and Filmed for 13 and a half hours for a pilot. They had me show a Stoner Jr in stages from start to finish and I used 5 Stoners. with the end result a complete restored Stoner Jr. All in one day. Now the show didn't get picked up by any of the networks but was glad as I didn't care to have the camera stuck in my face for 10 to 12 hours a day. I used to see Ricks stuff in Myrtle Beach Bike Week an though he always did a very nice job.
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2009, 08:43:49 am »

I bet he has to make decisions now that he didn't have to make in the past and this stress he is under could be severe. I guess some things can corrupt the process of a restoration and a television show probably is one of those things.

The really bad thing about all of this is the American public is buying into all of this. And I am not talking about one particular restoration either. I am talking about the idea of the reality show. I read once why there are so many reality shows on television now. They are easier, cheaper, and much quicker to produce then something like CSI, and we the consumer are buying into this cheap and easy to produce product.

Does anyone here watch Speed television? I do and I love the shows. But if you study the shows you began to realize that many of them are just thirty minute promotions for the product being used on the show with three minute commercial breaks thrown in at five minute intervals throughout the segment. And it is an extremely successful venture.

And we have bought into it.   
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2009, 08:58:40 am »

Other than being force fed Spongebob, Scooby Doo, etc by my kids, I do not watch much TV. I still have that CNBC show on Coca Cola I TIVO'd a month or so ago to finish watching. Except for morning news and Saturday/Sunday football (prefer college), I like to have music on most of the time. I will watch a DVD movie now and then.

I haven't even seen the show Pawn Stars and imagine Rick does do nice work. Like RC said, TV probably does put a lot of additional stress on the process.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pat Pixley
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2009, 11:08:14 am »

You know Tom that is not a bad idea Watching Scooby Doo at least they have not ruined that, Have they ?  
Well there is the radio. smile

These show have ruined people it has made them greedy & do thing that they would not normally
 do, but when being on TV and a pile of money is put in front of them  they get all stupid and forget there
values.  Examples John & Katie plus 8  there done and the mess they left those kids in down,
Survivor, Richard  Hatch in Prison over the money that he won he said he thought the show should pay the Fed.
Taxes, The Family that said their son was in the weather balloon ( And trying to get a reality Show)they are doing their sentencing today and may end up doing some time and paying out alot of money,  and that is just a few people who have been touched
by the  TV BUG.

count me out , I like thing the way they are.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 11:32:32 am by Pat Pixley » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: