SMC Discussion Areas
May 28, 2024, 06:13:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World of Coca Cola - Atlanta  (Read 3169 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« on: February 21, 2007, 07:18:56 am »

Anyone ever go to this place? I am going to be in Atlanta tomorrow, and will probably have some extra time... I think I may try to hit it... I would imagine cameras are ok in a place like this, right??

http://www.woccatlanta.com/

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 07:51:19 am »

That looks pretty cool. I think if I ever have a lenghty layover there I might try to visit there as well. Let us know how it is and make sure to post a ton of pic's!!

Brian
beazle00
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 08:58:25 am »

I was there In 2001.  Cameras were definitely Ok as I was taking pictures and nobody said anything.  It was pretty cool, but also kind of like walking thorugh a gigantic coke ad(what else would you expect I guess) The best part was near the end, there is a room full of self serve soda fountains that are all different Coca cola/fanta products from around the world that you can sample till your bladder can't take it anymore,,, all for free!!! they also have quite a substantial coke gift shop.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 09:32:54 am »

I was there about 2 years ago, and I was a little dissapointed... They had one small wall with vintage stuff on it, maybe 12-15 signs, then had some restored machines scattered around here and there. Some of the history stuff was cool, but there wasn't much.. They did have a full size Bottling machine that was animated to make it look like it was working which was cool if you haven't seen one in person. I was at the one in Vegas before it shut down and I felt they had more stuff on display or at least it was scattered around so everywhere you went there was neat old stuff on display. but if you haven't been there, it's worth a quick stop!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 11:15:41 pm »

My buddy took pictures of the one in Atlanta and I was disapointed. The Las Vegas one was pretty cool!

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 06:07:48 pm »

Well, I went to the one in Atlanta... I wasn't impressed. I took some pics which I'll post in the next few days when I get back home... The whole walk through took about an hour.. I was hoping to see a lot more stuff.. There were a few machines, but not even too much in the way of manufacturing machines, or how it was bottled, etc... there were a load of different signs and advertising stuff, but nothing out of the ordinary. I did see one of those stained glass lamps that someone here found recently in a basement.. I got a pic of that.. Then there was a cool motorcycle done up in all things Coke which was pretty cool. If nothing else, this place is closing its doors in the beginning of April and most of the items are going into archives.. I can say that I visited the old World of Coke in Atlanta.... They are opening a new one in a different location down here.. There was one little soda fountain room that the Jerk said was going to be moving to the Smithsonian.. not really sure why as it wasn't that impressive...

I've wasted more than $9 on much more worthless things...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: