SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 09:53:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Price Guide  (Read 21707 times)
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2014, 10:13:54 am »

Here's my two cents. I have thought long and hard about writting a book, but just don't have the time. I have been around a lot of machines and feel I could give a realistic price on machines. You can't price a Cav 72 at $300 just because someone bought one on craigslist at this price once. You need to feel the whole market. What would a nice original 72 be worth, or one that needs restored, or one that has been restored, but then who restored it. I have seen restored machines that I wouldn't give two cents for. That's why when Jeff Walters wrote his book his values were realistic because he was the man to write the book because he was exposed to a lot of machines. To write a book and give accurate AVERAGE prices needs to be done by an expert and someone who has been exposed to a lot of machines. (Not saying this is just me, because there are several other guys out there I know that are very up on there machines). So my two cents is: A book or price guide needs to be done by an expert who has been around a lot of machines.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2014, 11:16:09 am »

In this case, that should have been Rick!

Glen
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2014, 11:52:11 am »

In this case, that should have been Rick!

help  laugh  laugh  laugh

Rod
Fun-Tronics
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2014, 12:58:27 pm »

Here's my two cents. I have thought long and hard about writting a book, but just don't have the time. I have been around a lot of machines and feel I could give a realistic price on machines. You can't price a Cav 72 at $300 just because someone bought one on craigslist at this price once. You need to feel the whole market. What would a nice original 72 be worth, or one that needs restored, or one that has been restored, but then who restored it. I have seen restored machines that I wouldn't give two cents for. That's why when Jeff Walters wrote his book his values were realistic because he was the man to write the book because he was exposed to a lot of machines. To write a book and give accurate AVERAGE prices needs to be done by an expert and someone who has been exposed to a lot of machines. (Not saying this is just me, because there are several other guys out there I know that are very up on there machines). So my two cents is: A book or price guide needs to be done by an expert who has been around a lot of machines.

Without anyone willing to quote restored prices, how can anyone come up with these prices?
Ok you're a restorer and you had a nice restored junior at the show for a fair price. What are your selling prices for these more common restored machines when you've sold them:

Vendo 81B:
Vendo 81D:
VMC 81 Pepsi:
VMC 81 Generic:
VMC 110 Pepsi:
Cav 72:
Cav 96:
Jacobs 56:
Coke Embossed Slider:
Orange Crush Slider:
Hires Embossed Slider:
Other or Generic Slider:

We know it costs a bundle to restore these, but what do they actually sell for when your done to customers expecting to pay the going rate? Or better yet, if you were being paid to value these for an insurance claim what would your number be for these restored machines? And then if you had to replace these for a customer in within 4 weeks to start a restoration, what would you put on these restored machines? That is the real value, if you have to find one in a reasonable amount of time, what will it cost. Not, if you wait long enough it will come up on craigslist prices. Reasonable to me is around 4 weeks to find and buy for desirable machines.

Similar thing goes for unrestored machines. Restoration costs on the side, how much would it cost to get one in a reasonable amount of time and pay for what is out there.  Unrestored machines I can line up Vendo 110's, Generic sliders, Cav 72's and 96's across the country just off a couple of craigslist searches in a week. How much would you have to pay to get a VMC pepsi 81 in 4 weeks or even worse a 81 7up?

The really rare stuff is more what people are willing to pay not what it costs to pry it out of a collectors hand. Its hard to judge, because its a real collector with real money that is going to pay a premium for those items.

I think too many value machines at what they can get them for when they pop up in their area on craigslist and they are not actually looking to buy one. BEAYOUNG just sought out and apparently got an 81 7up... that is the value of a machine when you are actively looking for it and not passively buying what comes along like a lot of us.

Tim
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2014, 01:56:38 pm »

Here are some realistic selling prices for some restored machines if restored properly. I have restored all of these machines and this is what I actually sold them for. I know some restores do get more for there machines and some restorers get less. Sometimes you can get more if your selling a rare machine, or selling to a big collector who just really wants something. These prices are based on taking a fully restored machine to a show and selling it to a end user who is going to use the machine.

81B ......$6,500
81D.......$7,000
Pepsi VMC 81 .....$9,000
RC VMC 81 ......$13,500
VMC Generic .....Depends on what it is done in?
Pepsi VMC 110 .....$8,500
RC VMC 110 .....$10,000
Coke 110 ......$7,000
Cav 72......$5,800
Cav 96......$5,800
Jacobs 56 ....$6,000
Coke embossed slider......$5,200
Orange Crush Slider.......$4,800
Hires  and other brands  $4,200
Pepsi slider .......$3,800
Coke Junior Cooler $1,800
Coke Standard Cooler ....$2,800

Rod
Fun-Tronics
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2014, 03:15:11 pm »

A restored Coke 110 could bring as much as a restored 81? 

Wow, we really need a new price guide.  hopefull

Glen
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2014, 04:13:43 pm »

A restored Coke 110 could bring as much as a restored 81? 

Wow, we really need a new price guide.  hopefull

Anyone whoever has restored a 110 knows there is a whole lot more work in restoring it and the painter and the blaster will charge you more also. That is why I sell them for the same as an 81. If someone where to call me and ask what I would charge to restore a 110 I can tell you it will be a whole lot more than an 81.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2014, 06:52:26 pm »

I understand cost of restoration can be very high but the machine being restored is still the machine being restored.

I say that because of the same pricing with the Cav 72 and 96. I'm sure restoration cost is the same, 96 might even be a little more but the 72 is a more collectible machine.

If one chooses to restore a Vendo 83 and the restoration cost is say $3,000, I would still say it's not even a $500 machine.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2014, 07:00:22 pm »

Whatever is listed is still better than paying $50 for a price gussied up to appear new but is 20 yrs old
. To me that's misleading. Not fraud since you have to dig to find out it is old material but it is there

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2014, 07:19:11 pm »

Whatever is listed is still better than paying $50 for a price gussied up to appear new but is 20 yrs old
. To me that's misleading. Not fraud since you have to dig to find out it is old material but it is there

You could pay $100 for the originals on ebay!  tounge

Tim
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: