SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 08:46:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Storage Wars  (Read 18729 times)
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« on: January 03, 2012, 10:30:16 pm »

Anyone see the new Storage Wars episode tonight?  They had a bunch of Coke bottles on there with some guy telling them they were worth all sorts of money.  Thought was pretty interesting as compared to what you guys have said about bottles and all.  Just curious if anyone saw it.

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 10:36:43 pm »

I just saw it too. He was way too high. He said $75 on those gallon syrup bottles didn't he ($10 might be more like it)? $10 each on the commemorative bottles ($1 each maybe).  $75 for the yellow coke crate (I couldn't give mine away on CL) and $25 each for the 70s red crates. There was a Vendolator Pepsi machine in the unit they didn't even mention.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 10:42:39 pm »

There was a reproduction tray that the guy said was from the 1900s and valued it at $100.

Glascock Standard
Pinballnut

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 11:21:12 pm »

I just saw it too. He was way too high. He said $75 on those gallon syrup bottles didn't he ($10 might be more like it)? $10 each on the commemorative bottles ($1 each maybe).  $75 for the yellow coke crate (I couldn't give mine away on CL) and $25 each for the 70s red crates. There was a Vendolator Pepsi machine in the unit they didn't even mention.

Like everything else that the so called "reality TV" embellishes and portrays as real world....  On the bright side, your yellow coke crates now worth $75 and the dollar bottles are now worth $10...  At least that's the prices you'll now see flooded on CL....

After Pawn stars started payed/embellished  the price of a non working odds n evens pinball machine, paying more than it will fetch straight out of the box, Every person around here thought they had gold ( not to refer to the goldmine show). I called on a few machines, that the ad posters said were in great shape, that were mere kindling and they were asking ridiculous prices. The reply from 9 out of 10 " I want $900 cause I know it's worth 2k fixed up "......... darn

FWIW - I believe the buyer stated the Vendo is worth 2-3k, therefore, they added that price to his total = no need to ask the expert.

Rant over.....
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 11:24:17 pm by Pinballnut » Logged
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 07:20:18 am »

i don't watch those reality shows, since my reality is nowherenear  theirs.

But where would be the viewing audience if  the storage unitswere filled with old baby clothes, broken toys and grandma's console TV,as  they are filled in my reality.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 07:36:05 am »

FWIW - I believe the buyer stated the Vendo is worth 2-3k, therefore, they added that price to his total = no need to ask the expert.

Rant over.....

I missed that. Wow.

Glascock Standard
briandr1
25 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 08:31:50 am »

it seems they over value everything on those shows, i saw the pepsi machine but they didnt even look at it or mention it. I heard him say the newer coke machine would bring 800 to 1000. And like anyone could believe that yuupin dave hester got 14 grand for all those books bs if you ask me.

selectivend 64 sa
2 cavalier 96
1975 bally hi deal em pinball machine
1920 wate and fate penny  scale
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 09:19:51 am »

Great glare Bottle Show coming up in March... I'll be able to get a REAL value on bottles if you have some you
like to know about... Don't believe ANYTHING you see on these shows...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Flightfanatic
10 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 10:10:02 am »

Yea, I couldn't believe that guy's estimates on the trays. I just bought an original tray last week, and paid $18 (must have gotten a good deal for $100 tray  biggrin)..

Dixie Narco DNCB 240/138-6
Dixie Narco DNCB 320M/184-8
Lacrosse CCB-90-9
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse Master Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WC-96-T
Westinghouse WH-22-T
Ideal 35 Slider
FL Jacobs 35
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 10:31:10 am »

Those old Coke crates range from $10 to $25 in our area; of course, it sounds like the price just went up.  happydrinkers I had some friends over on NYE and they were looking at my machines and started asking questions about Pickers/Pawn/Restoration etc.  I told them all that those shows are neat based on some of the stuff they "find" but that the prices are nowhere near reality for most of the items.  Also, filled them in on some of the "quality" restoration work done by he who shall remain nameless.

I like watching the shows just to see the stuff but the prices just kill me.  Brandi and Jared placing $500 on a used chest of drawers that you could buy for less than that new at a furniture store sale--they do have sales don't they?  biggrin Cool laugh

Of the shows, I think Pickers tends to give the closest to reality prices but even they go overboard sometimes.

drinking Tim drinking
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: