SMC Discussion Areas
May 12, 2024, 09:36:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how many oz of freon does a vendo 110 take?  (Read 2839 times)
tolken4

« on: August 16, 2008, 11:50:45 pm »

What is the capacity for freon on a vendo 110.  I have purchased the service manual online, read all post here, and already posted awhile back in the fridge section.  If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it.  Just need to know what a completly discharged system would take.

Machine is getting really cold, but it runs constantly and the evaporator will get a little frost on it.  Not sure if this is just a tstat issue, or a tstat issue with a lowcharge tossed in.  Frost only appears after the temp in the cooler hits 30 below.  So, that may be normal, you can all maybe advise me on that one.

Thanks in advance, compressor is really hot to touch and I would hate to burn this thing up.

tolken4

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 11:54:34 pm »

BTW, tstat is set to less than or = to 1 and it is freezing, looking like it must be bad.  Seems to have a wire off of it looped then bolted directly to the evaporator on the left side. Looks stock, so I think it is inthe correct location.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 12:01:47 pm »

12 ounces of R-12 is what is on my tag.  You should have a plate on the side of your machine with that info.

I would check to see if you thermostat is working.  Do you have a meter?  If you run a unit without it cycling off the stat, it will just keep getting colder as the air cycles through the evaporator.

A lot of stuff.
tolken4

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 12:05:58 pm »

Oh, no... 12 oz... The ac guy put in at least 16-20... The thing is sure getting cold though... Also the compressor kicks over easy enough even after sitting?

I sure don't want that thing pumping liquid darn... 

Any chance a newer compressor would increase the volume that was required.  The compressor is not stock.

Thanks,
Steve
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 12:53:22 pm »

I don't know.  Scroll down after reading this and call Global Compressors.  I forgot the guys name, but he would be nice enough to answer a question or two.

A lot of stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: