SMC Discussion Areas
May 12, 2024, 11:52:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VENDO 39 BOTTLE SIZE  (Read 4302 times)
tony73tt

« on: November 08, 2009, 05:15:27 am »

Can anyone advise if the U.K size bottles wil fit the 39 if inserted the other way. (NECK FIRST) I have seen so many adverts claiming the larger U.K size bottles will fit the 39, if inserted that way round?Huh? Any Help  biggrin
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 07:15:45 am »

Well it depends if your drum has been adapted...

Basically you need to have the back plate of the drum cut with holes to allow the neck to go through... That will give you
a bit more space but the wholes are too narrow to vend the platci 500ml bottles or the glass 330ml bottles..

You can vend the smaller coke bottles the plastic lunch size ones but they are too light to swing the weight around.

I have vended small stubby bottles of beer out of it but the bottles can slip occaisonally when the drum turns.

If it for you I'd grabb some coke bottles at the show and have them shipped back. That way you can re-fill them yourself.. Bough 40 odd bottles back once in a few suitcases (Thanks to Brent) and Iu se them..

Oh, Pepsi did a glass bottle for a while not sure if you can get it but if you can it will be a fortune to buy in bulk.. They vend...

Dave

tony73tt

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 06:22:08 pm »

Thanks Dave, Its arrived and sitting in a warehouse unable to get to it until tuesday, will know more then. I wouldn't think its had the drum converted as its a 2 owners from new machine!!

It was sitting in a church hall from new and then sold when the church was demolished, then the person i bought it from had it from 1996. Will give you an update as i receive it just before i set off for the show.

I do know it needs a new lock, hopefully i will get one at the show.

Tony
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 06:41:31 pm »

Tony,
The early model 39's had one drum and most late model 39's had a modified drum. Even though it is a 2 owner machine does not mean that it does not have a modified drum. The modified drum will fit the early model machine too.
The only difference is the back plate of the drum - early model drum had 3 tabs sticking up and the late model drum had holes cut into it. The neck of the King Size bottle would fit into the hole just far enough for the butt of the bottle to be flush with the front and the small (6.5 oz.) bottles would be inserted butt first as the diameter of the hole is smaller than the butt of the bottle.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
tony73tt

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 12:52:57 am »

COLLECTURE
Thanks for the info, i am a little bit wiser now, answering this message/response from Chicago show!! I am here and finding out as much as i can about these. Your help is greatley appreciated.. Thanks  biggrin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: