SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 05:51:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinco s75-9800b  (Read 5222 times)
Ridewithme38
« on: July 26, 2006, 07:18:22 pm »

**EDIT**ReWrite**

Heres exactly what happens...right now my machine is set for 40cents....

I put in either 2 quarters(it gives me 2 nickels back as change imeddiatly) or 4 dimes...When i do this the change immediatly drops into the Coin Box...So coin return switch doesn't work...

Second Problem...
No matter how many nickels i put in i can't seem to get it to vend...they don't come out the coin return they just seem to get swallowed up by the CoinCo...i try'd filling the vend with nickels...then they just drop out the coin return..still can't get it to vend off nickels...

dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 08:02:42 pm »

The nickels are dropping down in to the change tube.  If you drop 4 nickels it still vends, right?  You are correct in that it fills up the tube and uses them to vend your change if you put in a quarter.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Ridewithme38
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 09:02:03 pm »

no it doesn't seem to vend at all from nickels...all it seems to do is fill up the change tube

Just noticed the coin return doesn't work either...looks like i'm looking on Ebay for a new CoinCo

Ridewithme38
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 04:00:34 am »

Ok i fixed the nickel problem...the 5cent coin switch? was jammed so i went into it and free'd it up...

Now what the manual can't help me with is how to i get the Coin return switch on my vending machine to work...example of what happens...Machine set at 25cents i put in a quarter(Drops imediately into the coin lock box)..I then change my mind about buying a soda...i press the coin return button...nothing happens...

Any suggestions?
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 04:54:58 am »

Any suggestions?

Don't change your mind when you're thirsty!

Just kidding...

The logic behind the vend cycle doesn't allow for a refund. The coin return knob is for scavaging coins that may have become lodged in the slug rejector. It doesn't activate the payout motor and return the deposited money in the form of nickels...

My six cents,

Jim

Ridewithme38
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 06:01:17 am »

Cool i didn't know that!  Thanks...guess its just the newer machines that let you change your mind huh?
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 03:32:06 pm »

Quote (Ridewithme38 @ July 31 2006,7:01)
Cool i didn't know that!  Thanks...guess its just the newer machines that let you change your mind huh?

Most newer mechs do.. I have a Coinco that takes up to a $1 coin (Canadian) or connects to a DBA and gives nickels, dimes, and quarters in change.  It has two options.. the first is you can get a refund before the item price is reached (ie. you put 10c in for a 25c drink) and the second is it gives a full refund any time before you hit the flavour button.

When you hit the coin return it pays out in whatever change it has available..  I think you can even select whether or not it will refund a $1 coin or $1 bill (in which case you would get 4 quarters back).

Only problem I'm having with it is that programming a new coin causes it to reject all previously programmed coins. I guess this is a feature so you can program it to accept metal tokens instead (any new coins are automatically treated as $1, regardless of size/shape, so I guess you program it for tokens and set the price to $1).

I paid about $50 including shipping for it off ebay.. (to replace my broken 9800A)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: