SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 07:05:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Large door coin mech change giver  (Read 2906 times)
TheGarbageHunter
Soda Jerks

« on: April 22, 2006, 12:45:23 pm »

I have a large door coin mech needing repair. While tinkering with it I noticed it had a penny filler in side of one of the coin slides. (name for object came from coin mech manuel). Missing the nickle filler. Are both of these fillers need for the coin mech to operate correct??? If so, where can I pick up a nickle filler??? Why are the purpose of these fillers???

Thanks

Garbage Gold Hunter
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 01:15:10 pm »

Victor,
The fillers are necessary to convert the mech to 5, 6 or 11 cent operation. For 11 cent, you would just use the penny filler. For 6 cent operation, you would use both the nickel and penny filler and just the nickel filler for 5 cent operation.

The fillers have a post sticking out of them, which prevents the filler from dropping during the vend cycle. It also allows enough play in the coin block cutout so that it will not vend unless another penny or nickel is behind it. When the crank is turned, the nickel or penny in back will fall, but not the filler.

To make a filler - just take a coin or slug, drill a hole in it and put a roll pin in the hole. You could also cut a rod and thread the coin as well as the end of the rod.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
TheGarbageHunter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 02:20:20 pm »

Thanks for all the info.

But are the fillers absolutly needed for the coin mech to work on other set amount. Because if I do not need them for the coin mech to work on lets say .10 or .15 then I will not worry about them.

thanks

Garbage Gold Hunter
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: