SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 12:52:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some help to ID and value this machine...  (Read 3846 times)
seper8tor
5 Cent Member

« on: June 08, 2010, 07:10:25 pm »

There is a local seller who wants $200 for this machine.

Says the rack is intact but there are some missing pieces to the coin mech which he may or may not have.

Also says the outside paint has been prof restored.

Can anyone here tell me what model this is and whether its worth the $200?

Oh, also says hes not sure if it still works...apparently hes says it did when he bought it from the body shop he worked at 20 years ago but hasn't used it since.  

Sounds fishy since who would have it painted but not turn it on to see if it still works?  

Hes moving though and wants to get rid of it.

Update:  More info.  Guy says the machine is embossed.  He says that the body shop he worked at is who restored the paint.  Said they stripped it to bare metal and used PPG? paint.  

So assuming that it is non-working and without the coin mech...still worth it?

« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 07:32:59 pm by seper8tor » Logged

Vendorlator Dual 27a Coke Machine
Vendo DM237e Milk Machine
Vendo 56
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 07:15:59 pm »

Looks to be an Ideal 55, aka slider, since you slide your bottle along a rack.
Can't tell if it's embossed, the logo doesn't look right, but that could  just be trying to enlarge. 
if it cools, and it's embossed, I' run over there in a heartbeat. But I've developed a fondness for  55's, they are compact, but still  give you the option of vending multiple flavors

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 08:21:10 pm »

The slider rack, coin mech. and cap catcher are worth more than $200.00 alone.

That is one heck of a bargain price!

You had better pick it up NOW, or don't be surprised if it's gone tomorrow.

Glen
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 08:36:35 am »

Like stated already, run, don't wallk.. the parts alone are worth that..
it has the wrong cap catcher however, it's from a Glasco 50 slider, but that can be easily swapped or exchanged.
Personally I don't like the colors they painted it with, the logo is the wrong color scheme, but if it cools, great

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 09:11:48 am »

Wrong cap catcher, don't see the rack or coin box... be sure they are there...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 09:07:35 pm »

Jim e-mailed me and said he wasn't really interested in this slider and asked if I was. Not only did he go back and talk the guy down to $140, but he bought it for me with his own money and took it to his house so I could pick it up from him  during the day yesterday.

What a great guy, I was more than happy to help him with his Vendo milk machine, even though I had never seen one before.

The slider was straight with nice paint except for damage in one corner. Coin box cover and rejector were still at the guy's house but lost  down Compressor was opened up and wires hanging loose, missing relay. I hooked up a 3 in 1 relay today and it cools great.

Lid stops were chrome plated, cap catcher was painted pearlecent.

The logo was done nicely and clearcoated but the bubbles were done with a brush in green so they wiped off nicely. I cut circles out of white avery labels temporarily for the below photo. The only thing that still needs to be done to the logo is the black shadow and the green triangle on the outside of it.

First pic is this machine, second one is a file photo to show what needs to be done.
       Again, thanks to Jim, one of our new members who I hope is here to stay!  happydrinkers

« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 09:09:37 pm by MoonDawg » Logged

Glen
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 09:40:00 pm »

Thats a great deal. I just sold a stripped glasco (no rack or coin mech) for $200 on greedbay. You got a heck of a deal for an embossed 7up slider! I like the 7up and the Rc's the best of all of the sliders.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: