SMC Discussion Areas
May 12, 2024, 06:14:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone help me with some info on this machine?  (Read 13402 times)
USSEnterprise
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2006, 06:51:29 pm »

will a machine like this run with modern bottled water?
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2006, 07:43:17 pm »

Yes but it depends on the bottle size and shape.  Needs to fit through the front panel holes.  Also need to make sure they're not too stubby in size or they can interfere with locking mechanism.

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
USSEnterprise
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2006, 09:40:29 am »

What about stewart's root beer? Since I can get that in bulk locally in glass bottles, it will probably be what I use.
USSEnterprise
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2006, 10:05:36 pm »

screw it. I'm not getting the other one. I won the machine linked to in the first page.
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2006, 06:08:39 am »

The Pepsi machine? Thats a nice looking machine.... As far as the Stewarts bottles go, they do not fit through my V63 bottle stack, and I think the 56 is identical. Atleast the diet Stewarts does not, most of the .5l bottled water fits through that I have tried, and even the coke plastic bottles fit, most long neck beer bottles fit, although Fosters did not.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
USSEnterprise
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2006, 07:08:46 am »

thanks for the link. It is a nice machine. I am suspicious about how he never shows a picture of the left side of the machine, or the back, but $200 is quite a deal
USSEnterprise
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2006, 07:25:43 am »

Can someomne explain to me how the machine works? Does it only vend one kind of soda? What prevents people from taking more than one?
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2006, 11:05:21 am »

As far as the Stewarts bottles go, they do not fit through my V63 bottle stack

They should.  I have used Stewert's bottles in my V63.  You may need to adjust the shelf height at the vending mechanism - there are three different levels.  With one brand (forgot which one) I had to adjust it's shelf to the lowest setting and had to have the shelf above it on the highest setting!

Can someone explain to me how the machine works? Does it only vend one kind of soda? What prevents people from taking more than one?

You put the money in, a vending solenoid releases the vending mechanism and you pull the bottle out.  The mechanism will only allow one gate to open (and you have to close it before the next bottle rolls down).  Most "beer bottle" size soda (and beer) will work, along with 8 oz. Coke.  There are a few plastic bottles that will work too.  In the Chicago area, bottles from American Bottling will work (RC, 7-Up, Canfields, DejaBlue water).  Some bottles (like Ice Mountain) are small but not rigid enough to drip the vending mechanism, so the solenoid stays energized.  You may want to check out the advertisers above, or ebay, for a manual (I think Cola Machines offered a download so I got it quicker).

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2006, 07:14:35 pm »

Doc... I didn't know the stack was adjustable until I actually read the manual I  paid for... Shocked all my racks are set in the middle, but it seems that the bottle didn't fit throught the opening in the stack. I kinda wrote it off and have since run out of that supply anyway... they fit in my USS Cavailer.. My wife hasn't bought any more since, so I never adjusted the rack..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2006, 11:07:13 am »

I usually set all selectors to the largest setting to accept all diameter bottles,   with ONE major exception .....small Coca Cola bottles.   If the shelf floor is at it's lowest,  and if the bottle is pulled out too slowly the gate will open for the wide part of the bottle then close slightly in the center, and not open again for the base of the bottle.

Glen
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: