SMC Discussion Areas
May 12, 2024, 11:28:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Restoration continues  (Read 14425 times)
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2005, 09:03:46 am »

Hello

I you want to know what I am talking about go out to your heat pump or AC condensing unit & look at the line sets. The larger of the two lines will be covered with insulation called Rubatex. Very soft & it will mold around the linesets. You may be able to buy at Lowes or H D but for sure you can get it through your local AC supply store. Just remember to place a section back against the case & then a section on the outside before the cover goes on.  

I have the same situation with my V110 where the lines sets pass behind a section of trim with the cover. I have not started on that machine so let me look at it & get back.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
jasmine64
Soda Jerks

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2005, 09:15:17 am »

Thanks Kevin,
I have a highschool friend who has an AC business
so I'm pretty sure he would know what I need.

Marsha

Cav. CD 22
Choice Vend 168 - Use daily.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2005, 12:40:19 pm »

Quote (Eric @ Mar. 14 2005,10:47)
Hey Kevin...
I'm not sure where you're talking about... I just spent Saturday taking apart my 81..
pretty solid but when I put it back together I want it to be the last time. Anyway
I'm wanting to know what to put under the liner to help it keep dry and prevent rust to
both it and the “shelf” of the machine body... Didn't look like there was much in between I was thinking of using some of that pink insulation foam board.
Now this is an older machine so it may be made different that the one being restored here.
The only lines I see go under a little chrome/steel shield that has two screws that protect
them and run up to the fan under the bottle shelving.

Anyways sorry to get off the subject of this restoration.... I'll start my own topic once I
figure out what I'm doing (or doing wrong).
Your machine is looking good so far!

Kevin, choice of insulation will not prevent rust. Make sure the inner liner does not allow water to enter the cabinet.  Special attention to fitting drain pipe

Glen
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2005, 02:42:08 pm »

Glen... I got a ton of questions for you on this 81 restoration
I'll email you tonight also FINALLY have the DVDs burned and it wil be on its way!

Thanks
Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: