SMC Discussion Areas
May 12, 2024, 08:06:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Only if i had the cash vendo h83a  (Read 14779 times)
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 06:15:37 pm »

If that were my machine, I would just paint the front door and leave the rest alone

Glen
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 06:53:07 pm »

Probably good advice. Do they sell red replacement doors? Or would I have to have it stripped and painted?
ussexplorer
10 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2005, 12:13:58 am »

Well, the decals are not a concern right now. I also need a coin mech. Until I get my UGLY westing house machines up here. You know the 6 handle critters. I'm not to worried about anything. It is nice to know about the decals. It will probably all happen this summer. Though I hope to at least get one machine up here before then. As for the current machine on ebay. I got a few days to think about it. To be honest it would probably sit outside with a tarp over it until summer if I did get it. I really love the black shiny compressors.  

Later,

Josh
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2005, 06:51:23 am »

Hey Kito,

Congrats on the new score!! That will clean up just fine.
Let us know how it goes,
Creighton
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2005, 09:52:25 am »

Thanks so much. I would love to have machines that are more cool, but this is the only way I can afford having machines in my home right now.

Question for you guys:
If I drive my 2001 Town & Country minivan down there to pick it up, can my van handle the weight of this Vendo HA56B?
Or a I gonna have to go through the heck of trying to borrow someone's pickup truck? I have no sense of how much these weigh since my only other machine was 77" tall.
It'll be about an 8 hour round trip.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....MEWN:IT

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2005, 10:54:01 am »

Kito
I had a guy come and pick up my Cv168 that weighed over 500lbs in a mini van. No problem. The V56's are rather light and really small. Only about 4 1/2 feet tall. Since you are not looking for a perfict restored machine I have known people to take their machines to Maaco. They charge something like $125 to paint the whole thing including body work. I have never used them but I would bet that they would do a pretty good job. You would need to take the machine at least slightly apart. Like take the bottle and coin door off and all of the trim off. It wouldn't be a restored machine but atleast you could have the coin door painted and the Coke scripts painted. By the way your machine looks like an older machine that was updated later in life. I posted a pic of one of my old 56's. This was a later model machine before I started. The whole machine was painted woodgrain. I think next to the 63's the 56 is my favorite.
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2005, 12:36:10 pm »

Kito - picked up my VMC56 in a minivan also... No problem.  They're not heavy at all.  Had help loading it but unloaded it myself by sliding (on a blanket) over the rear bumper.  Just load it top first so it'll come out feet first.

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2005, 02:25:51 pm »

loman4ec & hartlenb,
Thanks for the great info. Especially about Maaco. I am very relieved that I will be able to use my minivan. I hate to bother relatives for trucks, let alone put 8 hours worth of milage on their truck. Plus driving my own vehicle is more comfortable for 8 hours than someone else's that I'm not used to.
Thanks guys!
By the way loman4ec, your 56 is the look that I want for mine, that is why I want to remove the script and have the majority of it painted red. Do they have to sand it down or anything first or do they just put a new layer of red over the right areas? Obviously I would remove the script decals first.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2005, 03:10:19 pm »

Well Maaco obvously doesnt have the best name in painting but it is mostly because they don't do very good body work. If you are able to do most of the prep like removing the decals and the woodgrain contact paper on the front, filling any dents that you want filled and sanding out most of the scratches they will give you a rather nice paint job. When I turned 16 I bought an old S10 pickup and I did the body work on it and took it to Maaco and they did a great job. They paint with Dupont Nason paint which is what I use. If you go ask them if they will paint it in Sprint red. It is a factory pack color and it is the same color as the Vendo 56 that I posted before. If you are going to have it done have them paint the whole machine. and remember the more prep work you do the better the machine will turn out.
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2005, 05:13:09 pm »

Thanks loman4ec, again, really great info. By "have them paint the whole machine", I assume you mean just the exterior, right? Can they mask off the white bezel framing around the glass door area like on yours? I obviously want to keep that part white.

I am now very excited to give this eye-sore a new makeover. So the paint I ask for is "Sprint Red" Dupont Nason paint, eh?

If I need to sand off any decal residue, etc. What do I use to sand it with?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: