SMC Discussion Areas
May 13, 2024, 05:15:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some help on a Cornelius chest machine  (Read 17687 times)
hardate

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2014, 08:06:01 am »

If you put a coin in the wrong slot, like a nickel in the quarter slot for example, then that coin is returned in the tray below the coin insertion slots. Here's a picture of a penny, nickel and dime I put in the wrong slot laying in the tray I'm talking about.
hardate

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2014, 08:26:48 am »

So from what I can tell there appears to be 3 different models of the Cornelius slider chests, a 50, a 60 and a 72...is this correct? The 60 appears to be a can version, but it seems like all of them can be converted to cans. Mine is definitely one with a can rack in it, but neither of the 2 different model numbers on it have given me an indication to what model it definitely is. Is the model number an indicator as to how many cans or bottles the machine can hold? What I'm trying to do is identify the model which will help in looking for parts or a replacement coin mech. Although, maybe this doesn't matter because all these models us the same coin mech...at this point, this isn't something I know.

If there are other pics I could post that will help, please let me know and I will post. Like if the refrigeration outlet into the chest is setup differently or something like that between the different models.

One last question for the moment...if I am looking for coin mech or parts for one, is it best to post in the coin mech section of the forum?

Thanks for a your time and effort in helping with this, and your patience with my newbie questions.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 08:50:11 am »

As you have gathered, not many of us get involved in these sliders and even those who do are stumped by an electric coin mech.

Since it may be a while before you aquire parts, it may be best to bypass the mech and use your machine as intended until then.

To do that, just follow a coin through it's path, to see what makes it release the flapper.

Glen
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 06:55:08 pm »

I have one in my garage but has no coin mech , I thought everybody had a wood grain slider sitting around.

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2014, 07:50:01 pm »

I've got a pair of them taking up space in my basement here in PA.  Would love someone to take them off my hands. 

One cools but is in pretty rough shape, the other is better but doesn't cool.   Both have racks, one has a working (mechanical) coin mech.  Should be able to put together one good machine out of the pair.  That was my plan, was going to do a custom paint job.   I've got way more projects to tackle before I can even think about these, and I think I'd rather get a generic Glasco or Ideal slider to customize.

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
CoinOpCrazy
5 Cent Member

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 11:00:45 pm »

I was not able to find the sign but I'm not done looking. Agh my stuff is scattered like his but ask me where any of my things are and I can take you right to them. I think I do remember the face being Coca Cola though and not Pepsi. So unless you wanted to make a new face it would pretty much look dumb on a Pepsi box.

Ideal 55 Slider (Embossed Double Dot Pepsi) Restored
Ideal 35 (Generic White) Needs to be restored
Ideal 35 (Dr.Pepper) Needs to be restored
56 Square Top (Coca Cola)
Heinz Pepsi Gull Wing - Needs to be restored
Westinghouse 42T - For Sale
hardate

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2014, 08:31:23 am »

My plan is not to keep this Pepsi, so what the current face is really doesn't matter.  Let me know if you find it and what the price is.  Thanks for your time and help.
CoinOpCrazy
5 Cent Member

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2014, 12:43:29 pm »

I stopped looking for the sign when he told me the price and said he really didn't want to sell it. He wants way more then the thing is worth. I just about got into it with him over it. $75 What can I say he's lost his mind. I have one that I would have sold you for nearly nothing but like I said I'm restoring a box for for a guy and it has to go on it. I'll keep my eyes open for another one. They pop up from time to time. Unless you want to pay that insane price of his. If I do find one how much are you looking to give for it? Personally I wouldn't give more then $10 to $15.

Ideal 55 Slider (Embossed Double Dot Pepsi) Restored
Ideal 35 (Generic White) Needs to be restored
Ideal 35 (Dr.Pepper) Needs to be restored
56 Square Top (Coca Cola)
Heinz Pepsi Gull Wing - Needs to be restored
Westinghouse 42T - For Sale
hardate

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2014, 01:11:31 pm »

Thanks for checking.  I'm comfortable with the $10-$15 price.  As I said, I'm not concerned about what face or if it has a face in it, because I plan on making a custom one.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: