SMC Discussion Areas
May 13, 2024, 05:05:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi, I'm a newbie!  (Read 14979 times)
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2013, 11:30:10 am »

Do you have a pic of the back side?  Is the solenoid there and does it activate when you put a coin in?  I have some photos I'll find and post of what it all should look like.

Looks like you might be missing the 'flapper' which is what prevents the stack from vending.

Here's a couple photos of Cavalier vending stacks, these are from a USS but are very similar.  I'm not sure if the CSS has a chain, so ignore that part.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 11:38:06 am by tkaz » Logged

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2013, 12:12:17 pm »

To disable a Cavalier, the flapper that is housed in the triangleular slot (on the lower left of Tkaz's picture),
along with the horizontal bar above it.....must be removed. These are probably all you are missing.

Glen
Arkansaslaker

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2013, 09:52:06 pm »

Tkaz, you rock! This was the pic I needed to see. Mine has a chain, don't know if the solenoid
was actually working or not. The machine is apart right now, may be towards the end of the week
before I can check it out.

The second picture is a part that fell out of the machine when I removed the liner. Is this the flapper?

Thanks a lot for posting your pictures, this helps, I really appreciate your time.
Moondawg - thanks a lot for the information.

Alan

Posting from ****** Lake, AR. (name censored to protect the easily offended.)
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2013, 10:04:53 pm »

Yep, that's the flapper, good to see you still have it, pretty lucky!  Once you get it back in the slots, you can manually test the vending by pushing it towards the back of the stack (simulating the solenoid push/coin entry), then opening a vending column.  Once you do that, the flapper should move back to the front side of the stack and prevent the vending columns from opening again.

Arkansaslaker

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2013, 11:20:06 pm »

Ok, got the flapper installed. Ran the manual test, and it worked great!
Thanks a lot for your help!

Alan

Posting from ****** Lake, AR. (name censored to protect the easily offended.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: