SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 03:49:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another new game for me  (Read 10357 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« on: February 20, 2008, 06:27:25 am »

I told my wife I was done buying games for now... I have 7 videos, a pin and a slot machine... 2 vids are not currently working...

So, I'm at work yesterday, and I get a call from one of our service mechanics who happens to be working about 15 min away from our shop. He asked me if I want a Pole Position II stand-up game... Of course, I ask.. "how much?" He said its sitting outside of a laundromat waiting for the garbage man to come.. in a pile with garbage..  Oo He said it looks to be in good shape, the control panel, monitor, etc all appears to be there... So I told the boss I had to run out for a few minutes.. I hoped in the truck and headed to the machine.. The whole way telling myself not to get excited it'll either be gone or beat up by the time I get there... Well, I get to the machine, and it really is nicer than I expected... for the area it was in, I expected bullet holes and spray paint all over it. Without hesitation, I wheeled it to the truck, threw it in the back and took off. When I got home last night, I finally got a chance to look at it a bit. It is complete inside. The only thing was the end of the power cord was cut off. It was covered with lint inside really bad. I got my shop vac, cleaned the inside of the heavy stuff, then moved on to compressed air to blow off anything stubborn. It looks like the 2 power supply boards have some roasted parts, but should be an easy fix. I'll get some pictures of it this weekend...    hopefull

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 01:03:13 pm »

Good timing and friends that know you're looking for stuff !

My six cents,

Jim

dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 04:26:49 pm »

Wow, you sure are finding the deals!

I think you deleted some stuff here:

When I got home last night, I finally got a chance to look at it a bit.

I think what you meant to say was, "When I got home last night my wife beat me to a bloody pulp.  Then, after she left and went to the store, I finally got a chance to look at it a bit."  upside

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 09:36:50 pm »

Wow, you sure are finding the deals!

I think you deleted some stuff here:

I think what you meant to say was, "When I got home last night my wife beat me to a bloody pulp.  Then, after she left and went to the store, I finally got a chance to look at it a bit."  upside

I had to show this to my wife... she says I'm a very lucky man.. biggrin for about a year now, she's been calling me Fred as in Fred Sanford. A few of our friends now call me Fred as well.  tounge.. My motto... "If its free, its for me"

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 07:45:37 am »

Amen to that.

Can I be Grady?

The only non EM game I have is Pole position 1.  It is a blast from my senior year.  Is there a way to add Pole position 2 to Pole position 1.  I'm clueless when it comes to video games.

A lot of stuff.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 04:37:00 pm »

You can never have too many cool machines, be it  pop, gumball, jukebox, autombile, etc.
Well, that's what I tell my firends when they ask " why do you need another <insert machine here?? Isn't <insert#>  enough?

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 05:49:00 pm »

My wife told me if I try to put anything else in the basement or any more bottles in the kitchen it would be an instant divorce!  oops

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 09:32:49 am »

My wife told me if I try to put anything else in the basement or any more bottles in the kitchen it would be an instant divorce!  oops
They all say that!!! biggrin... Just put some nice jewelery inside the next machine you bring in the house and have her open it up!!! Women never throw away the boxes that jewelry came in!!! biggrin

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 10:25:05 am »

Amen to that.

Can I be Grady?

The only non EM game I have is Pole position 1.  It is a blast from my senior year.  Is there a way to add Pole position 2 to Pole position 1.  I'm clueless when it comes to video games.

PP1 & PP2 use the same board set.. its just a rom swap to go between one to the other. Once I get mine up and running, I may try to get a set of PP1 Roms just to have both. I'm not sure how many chips, but its probably 4-5..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 10:27:21 am »

My wife always says that the next machine to come home better go directly to my new home.. and make sure the new home has room for 2 kids as well...  biggrin

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: