SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 02:40:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another NW 49 Coke machine  (Read 15195 times)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 09:59:27 am »

If you read the first part of the Fun-Tronics catalog, it says:
"...it is our intention that they (decals) be used solely in the restoration of machines, we do not sell decals in sheets. The enclosed affidavit form must be filled out and signed before Coca Cola trademark decals can be purchased (see further restrictions below)."

The biggest problem is it is a $0.25 coin mech. You would have a V39 vending for a quarter.
I have one of these changers. The shaft only protrudes from the rear of the mech about 1/2" - the other problem is the coin return chute on the mech has been bent in on the left so it will fit in the changer housing.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2007, 10:20:36 am »

Wow... I never meant for this to get out of hand and stir up emotions towards each other ...
I was just amazed at what people would buy... My friend who restores candy machines
doesn't get those kind of prices when restored to as “Off The Line” Northwestern or Oaks.
Sad but he likes originals...
As far as Signguy's globes... those are for his use... Coke would not have a problem with that.... He has the right to decorate his home the way he wants. It's him pumping those out and SELLING them when Coke would step in.
And as far as Stoner.... I pretty sure they merged years ago with Vendo or someone so their
art would be public domain... kinda like AAA rootbeer and a few other sodas out there that have gone the way of the dinosaur.... you could make decals all day long and not be in trouble with any trade mark company....
As far as using decals from Funtronics.... hopefully no one would hurt Steve's business and
take the chance of being caught by Coke....
Again I was just amazed at the prices that people pay.... bummer he couldn't keep doing it
legally.... they were pretty cool... but not $700+ cool .... that's Quikold cooler money smile
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 02:58:25 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: