SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 04:14:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another NW 49 Coke machine  (Read 15192 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 01:15:59 am »

The biggest problem is it is a $0.25 coin mech. You would have a V39 vending for a quarter.
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 07:47:03 am »

Did anyone notice, E-bay pulled the rest of his listings. Busted! I can't beleve he got over $700.00 for that gum ball machine. I have noticed, around this time a year, GM, Coke, Ect. watch E-bay for knock offs. Someone did a Coke cash register and E-bay pulled it. Tis the season.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 10:25:46 am »

Just a thought... maybe it was someone from Coke Bidding it up and winnng it so they could get this guys name/address, contact info so they could go after him??? HMMMM
Just a thought?

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 11:15:31 am »

These knock-off products sure confuse the general public and
do nothing but hurt the value of original signs and machines.
        I would be more than happy to "drop a dime" on these guys.  laugh

Glen
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 06:47:00 pm »

I added up just his knock off Gum Ball Machines, from Sept 1st till last night, Coke, Pepsi, DrPepper, 7Up Almost $8600.00 Just go to his feedbacks and view his items sold. One Coke Gum Ball Machine brough $1300+ Unreal. He had a good thing going for a while. When I did The M & M Stoner JR, We had to get the ok from M & M and they even came to Jeff Wolf's house to take photos of it when we were finished.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 08:45:15 pm »

Wow  oh Not to bad in that short of time
Well he did will if coke does not go after him.

Pat
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 07:14:04 am »

You reap what you sew.....

Brian
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 08:18:02 am »

First off, anyone paying that kind of money for this machine is crazy, but I have to admire the way it turned out and the profit he is making.  The only reason I'm putting my two cents in is because as I read your comments, it reminds me of an inquisition.  If the person bought decals that were made with the permission of Coke, like from Funtronics, isn't it O.K. to deck out a machine and sell it?  If it is advertised as an original N.O.S., lost but not forgotten, 1950's Coke brand vending machine, then I would see the deception.  But to make a stink about adding decals to a Northwestern machine and a cup dispenser, I don't get it.  I'd hate to see what happens when I restore my Mills and add Coke decals or silk screened letters.  The Mills Automatic Fountain was not an embossed machine.  It could've been sold with or without decals.  Look out, big brother is watching.

A lot of stuff.
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 09:14:32 am »

First off, Funtronics Inc. Would never sell any Coke decals, knowing they were being used on anything other than an original Coke machine. If he were to find out they were being used on something other, he would Quickly stop selling to that person. I asure you the decals, being used on the Gum Ball machines, were not from Funtronics, they were a cheep knock off. If you are restoring a Vintage Soda machine, thats fine but when you have someone buying a Gum Ball Machine, Trash can, Cash Register, ECT, for ten times what it's worth, Thinking this is a Collectible Coca Cola Antique, you are only ripping off the public. No where in any of his listings, did he say , this is not a real Coke Gum Ball Machine. He lets everyone think it's real and that is not wright. Also Steve at Funtronics Inc. Pays a very high price to Coke, to be able to sell the Coke decals. Give him the respect he has earned. Theres not one person on this site, that Steve at Funtronics, has not helped. If your going to restore machines and make money at it, you need to play by the rules. I think I speak for most of the people on this site.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 09:40:37 am »

If you get off your soap box and read the first lines of his auction it says,

"Vintage 1949 NORTHWESTERN Peanut, Gumball. and Candy 1 CENT Vending Machine!

This is the very desirable RED and WHITE Coca-Cola Themed version of this machine, just like the old Coke machines from the 1950's!"

It states that it is a Northwestern machine and it also says that it is a Coca-Cola themed machine.  It doesn't say it's an original.

If you can't use decals for anything other than Coke machines, why don't you attack "Signguys" beautifully replicated globes over his bar.  I think that they look great and that he should be able to display them, for home use, without any witch hunting.

No disrespect to Steve, but if you buy a decal from him, you should be able to use it on whatever you want.

Did you find all the relatives of the Stoner corporation and pay them for reproducing their decals?

A lot of stuff.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: