SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 03:05:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Candy machine  (Read 22533 times)
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2010, 07:51:15 pm »

Sit on a counter no problem.
Creighton
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 12:44:50 am »

Awesome! I am going to give them a call tomorrow. One other thing where do you get candy for these and about how much does it cost to fill it up? I want to fill it up with regular m&ms. Can I get these at a store or something or do I have to order it? I might contact my metal shop teacher from high school. He used to have one in the metal shop for us and he filled the machine himself.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2010, 08:45:24 am »

sams club or costco have huge bags of m&ms that is how we fill my dads ford gumball machine
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2010, 11:55:45 pm »

Awesome! I will have to check that out.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2010, 01:25:08 pm »

I talked to the guy today. Real nice guy said he used to own a vending company and a while back and got out of the business and is just selling his stuff. Said he had at one time about 450 of these little machines stretching accross two states and he still has stuff like pop machines candy bar machines and other stuff. I wonder if he has any of the old machines left. He also said these machines were taken appart and the parts all cleanded up and they replaced the parts that needed to be replaced and they even have the keys which is a really big bonus. He said he sold all the glass globed ones as antiques a while back and then started to sell the plastic globed ones for about $25 each and then after a while he decided to just sell them for $10 each. I decided to buy two of them from him and I don't think I could have done better with finding the machines. He even is going to make sure there are no cracks in the globes and that they will work. I hope to talk to him more about these things when I get the machines. Maybe he will have some more interesting small vending machines.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2010, 02:18:32 pm »

It might be worth seeing if he does have anything old..

I viist a little old man every now and again (80 plus years old) that ran a vending route in excess of
8000 machines at its height. Right across the country. I get a couple of machines and try and restore them
back to what they looked like when new. These machines are normally at least 50yrs old.

If yur man does have anything wall hanging (small) and orignal I'd certianly be interested...

Dave
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2010, 07:24:24 pm »

That is pretty neat. Maybe I might be able to get something like that going here. I hope to meet up with him and see what else he has. If he does have something like that I will let you know. Is there anything in particular that you want me to look for?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 07:26:09 pm by scalebowler » Logged
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2010, 02:08:07 pm »

I have contacted the company who makes the machine asking some questions about it and so far I am really impressed. They responded almost instantly and gave me real answers (I'm used to companies just either ignoring my emails or giving me an answer that basically says we don't help people who are not in the business). I asked them if they had a manual for the machine and they not only sent me a PDF form of the manual for both versions of the machine but they sent me a price guide too showing the cost of each part for every machine and stand that they make and their prices I think are really reasonable. If I need any parts for these machines I am definatly going to order them from the manufacturer.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2010, 07:40:56 pm »

Sad that good service is rare these days. May want to pic-up some extra parts while you can.
Creighton
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2010, 08:46:02 pm »

Thats not a bad idea. Maybe buy a few coin mech parts and some globes. Also thinking about getting some new decals for the front from them. My machines might not have those mylar decals looking nice on it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: