SMC Discussion Areas
May 25, 2024, 01:46:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Now I Really Need Help  (Read 10555 times)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 11:29:34 am »

Bob

Take the coin mech out....

There's a little lever on the bottom and it should slide out

Then ensure that the flap is up on one column and pull the lever to see if it vends...

Dave
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 07:13:17 pm »

Like Dave said, once the coin mech is removed it should just free vend.. as long as all the "Flaps" are up.. pull on one handle and it should drop the bottom flap, do again and the next one goes.. do this in all your columns to check proper operation of the vending mechanism.. once this is done, we can start to diagnose the problems with the mechanism..
as far as your questions about the tubes, yes, sounds like you have a change giver mech.. hence the long tube for nickels I'd guess...
As far as locks, sorry, hard to find the right locks for these...
As far as serial number, again, can't help you there...
As far as 180 M you asked about.. I am guessing it's due to the larger mirror model, (yours) vs a smaller rounded mirror model like you see on the jr's.. just a guess..
Keep playing,, eventually you'll figure out more things..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pat Pixley
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2009, 08:29:12 pm »

for your locks take them to your local locksmith shop they will be able to
cut yousome keys and for the lock you drilled out he may have one there. smile
Hollywood80
5 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2009, 10:03:20 pm »

Hi All.  Thanks for the pointers.  I took the coin mechanism out easily just like you stated.  Fiddled around with the vending pulls a little, but still cannot get one of them to pull out and drop a pretend candy bar in the shoot. The pulls only move about 1/3 of an inch.  I must not be doing something right. There appears to be no damage to the area.  I must not be tripping something right.  Do I need to clean the coin mechanism.  It doesn't look to bad.  A little gear grease on a couple of gears.  I was surprised to see the slug ejector is made of mostly plastic. I am going to remove the bolts and remove the innards from the cabinet and clean it as directed in an earlier post.  I wish I had a manual for this machine.  I have been trying to move different rods, ect. to get it to vend.  Keep the help coming.  I really appreciate it .  Bob

Bob
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 06:48:41 am »

The manual is not very helpful.  It's more of a parts list.  I have an original manual and the only thing that was useful was how to pull the tab out on the coin mech for free vend, while testing, as Signguy mentioned.

How to set the mech at different prices.  By opening or closing the claw looking gizmo.

To make sure that all flaps are in the up position, by running your finger up from the bottom shelve to the top shelf, before vending.

To start loading the product from the top down, instead from the bottom up, to make sure that when the last product is dispensed.  The out flag will appear so you know that section is empty.  The top shelf in the up position resets that. 

Also remember that if you have an empty column, the handle will not pull.

Here's a picture of the vending mech taken apart.  The top is the claws I was refering to.

A lot of stuff.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 10:45:13 am »

The 57 at the beginning of the serial number indicates the year manufactured.  I have the same machine except mine is a cream color.  When I refinish it I am going with the hammertone--haven't decided on green or bronze.

drinking Tim drinking
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: