SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 06:06:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81D Breaker Strip/spring/clip install  (Read 3764 times)
KennyG

« on: January 07, 2012, 03:08:53 pm »

I need help installing the clips and "springs" that hold the breaker strips in place. I have 8 clips and 10 "springs".  Can someone explain to me how many clips and springs are on each strip? Also I know how to install the clips but I am not sure how to install the spring. Any help would be much appreciated...Thanks
kdimeg

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 09:02:48 pm »

Since no one else has responded, I'll share some info that may or may not help a fellow newbie.  I've included a couple pictures of the "spring" orientation my vendo-39 had when I removed the breaker strips. I'm not sure if it is the same part as your 81 or not so take what you can from it. My V-39 had 14 clips spaced relatively evenly and the 12 springs with 2 on top, 4 on bottom, and 3 on each side.

I had a follow up question regarding those "springs":  do you even need them?  I question if they are necessary because 1) I haven't seen replacement parts and 2) they made it nearly impossible for me to push in the breaker strips in order to remove the clips.  So yes the purpose is to make the breaker strips fit snug, but because of that I nearly broke every single clip while removing (which at $1.15 each, it'll cost me $16 to replace those buggers).  My concern is breaking new clips or worse yet ruin the original breaker strips during the re-install.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: