SMC Discussion Areas
May 11, 2024, 03:02:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Value of Fully Restored Square Corner vs Round Corner?  (Read 4962 times)
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« on: July 29, 2012, 07:12:16 pm »

After seeing Curtis's fully restored square corner machine made me wonder what you guy's who restore machines for other people are getting for fully restored machines now a days, both square and round? I know e-bay asking prices are around $6,000 avg. for the 81 and 72 but what are real customers actually paying for a nice restored machine? Also, I have never restored a square corner, several round corner but how is the cost to restore a square vs round? Thx.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
Matt
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 09:28:31 pm »

I paid $6900 for a restored Vendo 81A. But the machine is restored to pristine condition. (It is better than a "nice" restoration.)

BTW, do you have a link to the square corner thread? I'd love to check it out. Thx.

Vendo 81A
scoccermom

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 01:32:51 am »

Bump.

What are properly fully restored machines going for these days? Is the market soft or going up? I need to price for a friend who inherited a small collection.

1) Vendo 81A, 81B, 81D
2) VMC 81 Pepsi (blue)
3) VMC 81 7up (green & white)
4) VMC 81 RC (yellow)

I'm thinking of making an offer for one of his 81D's or the Pepsi but want to be fair.

Thanks.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 03:50:10 am »

That is about as fine of collection one could hope to find. Get the VMC 81 RC first.
Please share pics, prices and location if you get a chance.
Not the best time to be selling vintage soda machines.
But, Those are all top shelf. Hope sales go well for your friend.
81D without pics 2k +/-.
Thanks!
Creighton
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 09:08:51 am »

It is going to come down to the quality of the restoration... there are so many different levels of the quality of work I've seen out there..
but on average a properly restored Vendo 81 machine leaves my shop for 6995.00 and I can't keep them in stock... there are others that sell for more and some that sell for less.. so it depends on the extent of the restoration.
as far as the Square corner... I'd say the value is only what is put into it... It costs nearly as much of not the same in time, labor, expenses to restore a square top vs a round top... you have the same processes to go through, paint, powder, wiring, signage, chrome, coin mech and refridgeration.. however the end result usually outweighs the "Current Value" of the machine..
I don't see anyone paying big money for restored square tops "yet"... but in current times the amount put into it is often hard to recoup.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 09:41:51 am »

It's really a shame to break up that litter.  I'll bet some guy spent his whole life aquiring every embossed 81 that was ever produced.  darn

Glen
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 03:19:27 pm »

Sounds like he said the collection was inherited and he is just trying to figure out what it's worth...

wouldn't mind inheriting something like that! Wow...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 06:26:59 pm »

Keep in mind that if the machine or machines are poorly restored or are older restorations and machines used after might also hurt their value. Show someone a very nice original in any of the models and you will be offered more, a nice original is for sure much harder to find.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
scoccermom

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 01:34:32 am »

I apologize if your PM wasn't responded to.

Machines are all crated and will be delivered to the Los Angeles area. Yes, the collection will be broken up and sold.

The restorations are top notch from what I'm told and haven't been used since. One of the Vendo 81's is reserved pending inspection.

Please don't ask me what the owner will take for the VMC's as I don't know what the machines are worth...if you are serious just PM me your offer. It can be contingent upon me sending you photos or you coming out to check them out.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: