SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 06:10:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Westinghouse 42-t  (Read 7542 times)
« on: January 31, 2006, 12:50:17 pm »

I have a westinghouse 42-T machine. Where do I find the exact year it and what is is worth? It runs but need work
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 01:09:01 pm »

First off welcome to the site. I may be wrong but I don't think there is a way to tell the exact year of the westinghouse machines. As for value. The book says an average complete working machine is $675. You say your machine needs some work so it is probably slightly less. This is just a book price and they seem to be slightly high compared to what machines have been selling for lately. For some reason I have noticed the 42's haven't been in high demand on ebay in the past year or so. I would say depending on condition the machine is probably worth $500. I myself really like the 42t's. They are great looking compact little machines, but one downside is they are really heavy. One way to tell when it was made is the earlier models have "Ice Cold" embossed along the bottom of the front door and are solid red. In 1955 they did away with the Embossed Ice Cold and started the two tone red and white paint. I hope this helps.
audiobeer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 02:25:04 pm »

The other downside to thier popularity is the size of the bottles they will take are limited to the small. Correct me if I'm wrong but that was the reason I steered away from them in the past.

Missouri
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 03:54:54 pm »

That is correct. They will only vend one flavor and only small bottles, but I think they can be converted to cans.
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 09:28:24 pm »

Welcome aboard jjhackett,
  I can usually buy a W42T for 350-400 bucks. ':drinkers:'

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 11:29:44 pm »

I'm looking at a W42T for puchase, and I too was not aware of what to offer for it as I have never seen one in person. Neat little machine with all the embossing. the one I'm looking at is the earlier one with the embossed Ice cold on the front, all red and in great condition with all insides and cools.  Wondering what a fair offer would be without insulting the guy as he has dealt in pop machines in the past. Any suggestions would be great in addition to what has already been posted.
thanks
John

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 12:17:11 am »

Here is the machine in question that I'm looking at .. best photo  I could get with my camera phone.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 08:09:35 am »

Wow, it looks to be in very nice shape!
What are the inards like?
Bob K
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 08:20:12 am »

Wow, that one looks sweet!! ':p'
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 08:51:04 am »

I'd love to have that model.... very cool with all the embossing!
If it's all there and solid I'd pay $500-$600....  Good luck!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: