SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 08:36:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings and questions from a new member here  (Read 7578 times)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 01:15:16 am »

I like the "How to Stay on Our Payroll" sign!
Thanks for the peek! You need a soda machine (or two) in there.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
TrevsOldChevs

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 02:06:00 am »

Interesting story about that sign...

It is the 'real deal' from a 1950's car dealership, hand painted and framed which is how I bought it at a collectible sale...

It is one of my favorite pieces because it is so retro... I had actually thought about reproducing it since anyone who walks into my hot rod garage ends up drooling over it and begs me to give it to them (NOT happening!) but I think copies would lose a lot of the character this sign has... that yellowed old paper gives it such great patina so I don't think a copy would do it justice... then again in 20 years maybe the copies would look as good too... hmmmm... Cool

~Trev

It's a sin to crush old tin...
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 07:50:09 am »

Trev,
    Did you get the drip pan and grate with the dispenser?

Love the garage!
TrevsOldChevs

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 03:36:52 pm »

There's supposed to be more to this thing that this?  down

Nope... no drip pan or grate, only what you see in my pics...
The only other thing I got were 4 cannisters which I believe were for the various flavors of syrup that this machine uses...
Two cannisters are empty and 2 are half full. I was going to empty them but didn't know if they were under pressure
and didn't feel like being covered from head to toe in sticky coca cola syrup so I just left them alone till I can see how they vent... lol help

Glad you liked the tour of the hot rod garage... I can't wait to get the floor done so it will look REALLY good in there!  biggrin

~Trev
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 04:10:14 pm by TrevsOldChevs » Logged

stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 04:10:03 pm »

Sorry to say but yes there is more. hopefull

Drip pan is going to be stainless steel and attach right where the lines are exiting so the entire front is stainless.

Yes those tanks are under pressure, one side is for gas, one side is for liquid, these most likely have ball lock connectors so the tanks might be marked. Depress the little button on top of the post slowly and you will either expel gas or take a shower, it's a 50-50 shot. biggrin Use a deflector!

TrevsOldChevs

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 04:12:37 pm »

We just got our first snow of the year here... maybe I should take the tanks out front and do this in my yard...
If I'm successful I get the tanks empty... if I'm not I end up making the world's largest slurpee next to my driveway!  laugh

TrevsOldChevs

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 05:18:34 pm »

Thanks for the hints, stuntpilot...

I took all 4 cannisters out on the front lawn, faced them away from me and depressurized them, then emptied the remaining syrup from all of them next to the curb...
I didn't get drenched in soda syrup but did manage to create that giant slurpee I mentioned earlier so it's all good!  smile

I even rinsed out all the tanks with water and as soon as they air dry inside I'll get the lids back on and put them away until I get a chance to use the machine...

Thanks for the help!

~Trev

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: