SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 04:35:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings and questions from a new member here  (Read 7577 times)
TrevsOldChevs

« on: January 13, 2012, 03:01:34 am »

Greetings, everyone...

As you can probably guess by my handle I'm into old cars and trucks and with that addiction came a new one... old memorabilia for my "Hot Rod Garage"...

While most of the "vintage signs" I have on the walls are reproductions, I was recently given something VERY cool (and authentic) to add to my collection...

To this point however I have been unable to come up with very much on this piece at all and I'm hoping someone here can help identify it and possibly establish
a value on it...

It was made by a company by the name of Victor (who I have learned made a lot of old soda machines and store coolers "back in the day") but this is neither of those two things...

It is instead a 7Up Soda Fountain (seen below) and despite a few days of researching it I can't find anything like it anywhere... I should add that I do not see a model number on this piece either, just what you see in my pictures...

The friends who gave it to me claim they owned it since the late 50's or early 60's and that's all I know
other than the fact that this is supposed to be fully functional in good working condition and is pretty clean cosmetically too...

So any ideas on the age, model number or value of this old Victor Soda Fountain?  help

Thanks in advance for your help and ideas!

~Trev

It's a sin to crush old tin...
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 05:31:06 am »

Trev,
      Victor-Reed made alot of fountain equipment back in the late 50's and 60's, I have a Victor post-mix fountain close to this same age. The fresh up with 7up logo dates to 1957

This is just a common pre-mix dispenser made for 7up and a nice one at that. I can't tell you the model number.

You can probably find the model and serial number nameplate under the shroud if you remove it, close to the compressor.

Value?  Maybe $100 to $150.

Cool 7up clock!  They make a good pair.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 05:37:17 am by stuntpilot » Logged
Wojcik
25 Cent Member

GO WINGS!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 06:50:31 am »

Welcome to the site! Cool looking dispenser. Looks like it's in great shape. smile

1941 Stoner Theater Candy  (unrestored)
1947 Pop'Corn Sez Warmer  (restored)
1920's Coca-Cola themed cash register
S & S 700 7up ice chest
Vendo 81D
ciawarrior
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 01:24:40 pm »

cool stuff
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 04:34:19 pm »

Very nice....
And welcome!  happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 05:39:27 pm »

"I like it" (no pun intended from 7up's slogan department!)

I've never seen one, let alone one in such nice shape.  Really cool!

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
TrevsOldChevs

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 07:10:28 pm »

Wow thanks for all the comments and information (as well as the warm welcome), guys...
I really wasn't sure what I had here and not being able to find ANY information on it after a couple days of Googling it
and checking out various pages I was beginning to wonder if it was the holy grail...     LOL
hopefull
As for the 7up clock next to the soda machine I had entirely forgotten I had put that next to the machine for the shots until you reminded me...

I'm not sure how old that is, but yes it is pretty cool and like the mirrored Coke clock I have, both clocks work and exist in the Hot Rod Garage...

I also have an old 1958 Coke cooler out there in great condition that I was lucky enough to get off Craigslist one afternoon for $45... man, I was in the right place at the right time that day! biggrin

Anyway like I said, my old car and truck addiction has bred this new addiction and once I get the black and white linoleum floor tile laid down in the hot rod garage and a few more pieces in there to go with my '55 Bel Air and all the vintage looking signs it should be pretty cool... hopefully I can find some other interesting things to add to my collection... maybe an old Jukebox or gas pump!

In any case, thanks again for the info and for making me feel at home... much appreciated!

Have a great weekend!  happydrinkers

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 08:15:30 pm »

Nice 7-Up score. Any pics of the 55 or coke cooler?
Thanks,
Creighton
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 08:19:14 pm »

Wow! great 7-up dispenser.

Welcome to the site.
TrevsOldChevs

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 10:52:48 pm »

Nice 7-Up score. Any pics of the 55 or coke cooler?

Sure...  not a very good look at the coke cooler but here's a look around the inside of the hot rod garage...

First the Bel Air (at a car show I had it in)

In the hot rod garage

Look on the shelf behind the '55 to see the coke cooler...

Other memorabilia and decor:

and last but not least the other vehicle that used to sit alongside the '55... my '37 Chevy Truck which I recently sold...

Now that it's gone and I have a little room to move I hope to get the black and white lino floor down soon
and then will possibly go shopping for another vintage truck and maybe a jukebox or old gas pump... time will tell...

Hope you liked the tour!  biggrin

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: