SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 04:33:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 80A  (Read 9396 times)
moparman3

« on: September 16, 2011, 06:47:44 pm »

Hello everyone,I'm new here and was wondering if someone could help me identify what I have and hopefully find a home for it.I can appreciate everyones hobby as far as these items but to be truthful I dont have time for the full appreciation. I came across a round top machine in fairly decent shape. The model # is XV 80A and serial # is 504 3072(?) I would appreciate any info anyone can tell me or help me with to maybe find this thing a home with someone who could use it. I have pictures but being a computer dummy I dont know how to load them. I feel like this machine will work but didnt want to plug it in without someone advising(sic)me first to make sure I dont harm anything. the coin changer seems to be all intact as well as the key is with it as well. once again thanks to anyone who can help me. 
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 07:39:07 pm »

Welcome to the site.
Email your pictures to:
cjsmith1@ix.netcom.com
I'll post them for you and then can get you a value.
Creighton
moparman3

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 07:58:28 pm »

Sent,Thanks
Chris
25 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 08:03:20 pm »

Where are you located?

Chris

Vendo 23A
Vendo 80(Red/White Original)
Vendo 80(All Red Original)
Seeburg JL (Original)
Watling Penny Scale (Restored)
Stoner Jr
Stoner 180
moparman3

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 08:05:05 pm »

Augusta,Ga
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 08:25:49 pm »

Hello everyone,I'm new here and was wondering if someone could help me identify what I have and hopefully find a home for it. I can appreciate everyone's hobby as far as these items but to be truthful I don't have time for the full appreciation. I came across a round top machine in fairly decent shape. The model # is XV 80A and serial # is 504 3072(?) I would appreciate any info anyone can tell me or help me with to maybe find this thing a home with someone who could use it. I have pictures but being a computer dummy I don't know how to load them. I feel like this machine will work but didn't want to plug it in without someone advising(sic)me first to make sure I don't harm anything. the coin changer seems to be all intact as well as the key is with it as well. once again thanks to anyone who can help me.  

Why don't you just go to the soda machines section on the home page??? a lot of info is right there.  upside

http://soda-machines.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=574&Itemid=14

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Oh look , a handy-dandy link has appeared!  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

First go over the wiring with a good light & keep a sharp eye out for brittle & cracked insulation on the line cord, & any exposed/bare wires anywhere on the machines wiring harnesses. next, make sure you can spin the lower cooling fans blades with your hand, it should spin freely, ( look out for mice-nests blocking the blades) if the electrical cords plug doesn't have a grounding pin, install a new plug ( that's if the line-cord is in good shape per the above inspection)

If it all looks to be in pretty good shape, plug it in & see if it starts up, pay attention to any sounds the machine may make , the inside fan should run , & the compressors cooling fan should start with the compressor, close the main door & wait a while to see if it gets cold. while your waiting, try to slide a few nickels trough the old coin-mechanism. it may not accept any coins though, as it's empty.

Here's  the way I fire up a machine for the first time, I inspect the electrical power cord & wiring harness for damage/age/brittleness, etc.  I turn the thermostat to the off position, ( rotate it left/fully counter clock-wise) I unplug the coinmech, check for blocked fan blades/seized motors on both the inside & lower fan motors. if it all looks OK , THEN I plug the machine in, & I check to see if the inside fan starts to run/blow air, next & turn on the thermostat & see if the compressor & it's cooling fan start, I watch the evaporator coils to see if they start to frost up, if they do, then I shut the main door & plug in the coinmech & inspect the slug-rejector for stuck coins, then I push the little change-motor switch to see if the changer works ( if yours has a change-giving coinmech of course) next I put handful of nickels into the change tubes. load up some bottles & see if it will take money & vend etc, etc.

but you see the step by step process if followed logically, will help point out any faults in the machines functions & help isolate trouble to the the cooling-deck, or the coinmech/vending mechanism, etc.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 08:49:16 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
moparman3

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 09:57:10 pm »

Thanks for the link and the info.
moparman3

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 07:40:42 pm »

ttt
Chris
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 07:44:45 pm »

I've got two complete machines if you need pics to see how things should look

Chris

Vendo 23A
Vendo 80(Red/White Original)
Vendo 80(All Red Original)
Seeburg JL (Original)
Watling Penny Scale (Restored)
Stoner Jr
Stoner 180
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 08:23:25 pm »

JohnieG  nailed it....great advice! I wish I had this info. when I first started buying machines.

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Cavalier 33
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 05:26:21 pm »

Vendo 80s are cool.

Please post pictures so we can all enjoy.

Thanks
moparman3

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 09:04:36 pm »

I have pics but im a dummy who does'nt know how to post them
Matt
10 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 10:20:37 pm »

I have pics but im a dummy who does'nt know how to post them
Click the reply button. Look for the box labeled as "Attach." The forum lets you upload 4 images.

Vendo 81A
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: