SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 05:38:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Pepsi machine  (Read 10809 times)
pumpdude
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 03:22:54 pm »

Im in New York in Putnam  county.
pumpdude
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 03:28:06 pm »

OK here's today's update. I called the guy and he started going on about how they looked this machine up on line and now they know how much its worth. Then he starts hemming and hawwing about need to think about  it so more. So we left it with  I'm going to call him on Monday and we shall see what happens next.  I can't  see this machine being worth  that much in its present location. It has sat in the dirt  outside for at least 50+ years. Oh well  Monday should tell it.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 03:53:43 pm »

I hope I'm wrong, but be ready to walk.  Sad

If they  "found' restored machines for sale,  you  can bet they are the crazy over priced units. But people don't notice that,  or the 55oo rusted squaretop will never sell. All see is the price and say, I have a goldmine
Good luck. Rooting for you
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 03:55:58 pm by Kilroy » Logged

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
pumpdude
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 03:47:02 pm »

Well here I go again. We spoke on the phone but  he said he did not get out there today do to the rain we have been having  since sunday. I was told  They would call me so I'm going to put this one on the back burner and go back to trying to get my VMC 56  up and running until something else pops up on my radar.
johnnyfizz
10 Cent Member

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 11:16:47 pm »

That's a great idea pumpdude.I've kinda been an apprentice for the last few years with a guy that's been pickin' and buying and selling stuff for a long time. He's quite eccentric and his advice is usually right on.I've seen him walk away from alot of deals that just weren't working out. He'll call their bluff all the time,he'll suggest stuff to them like "well you could put an ad in the newspaper and sell it that way", or something like "the price of scrap is up"(jokingly). And when he knows that he want's it, he's not afraid to pull the cash out and say in a very assertive way "What's it gonna take to buy this machine" or  "What'll you be happy with." The main thing is that you can't get too nervous. If you're too interested, then they're all over that. I can tell that they kinda busted your bubble with all that hee haw and back and forth,and that can be ok too. Let them sit with it.There's stuff laying all over out there and people dying and moving all the time and that's when something else comes along. And then one day you'll get a call from these guys and they'll be begging you to take that old 88.
pumpdude
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 05:07:19 pm »

I just want to thank everyone  for the vote of confidence in this. if things change I will write in.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 08:57:58 am »

Hang in there.. some of the best deals I've got are ones I've walked away from, leaving them with my number and getting that call a week or month later, saying "just come get it".

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: