SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 02:59:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: vendo 39 cooling fan failure  (Read 4004 times)
kev_7680
5 Cent Member

« on: May 25, 2014, 03:03:49 pm »

I have a Coke Vendo 39 with an original cooling system.  We heard a buzzing coming from the machine and when I opened the door the fan next to the compressor was moving very slowly, then stopped completely.  I unplugged the machine and let it cool.  I added 3-in-1 oil to the fan valve and the bottom fan still doesn't work, but the top one is running and feels like it was cooling.  What do you think the problem is and how can I fix it?  Thanks,  Now drinking warm pop Kevin G darn
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 08:25:49 pm »

Sounds like it may be time for a condenser fan replacement...
Either of our site sponsors: Soda Jerk Works or Fun-Tronics can supply the correct fan motor

My six cents,

Jim

kev_7680
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 08:56:33 pm »

How hard is it to replace? Anywhere on site that would have a how to guide?...thanks
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 01:34:22 pm »

there are few different cooling systems in the 39.. but it's not hard to replace if your handy with wiring and a socket wrench..

there is not really a step by step.. just remove the bracket , cut the wire (leaving enough to resplice to) and remove, and reinstall doing these steps in reverse.

good luck!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
kev_7680
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 09:56:49 am »

I went on the 2 sites of the sponsors and looked up the motor for my machine .One is priced at $52 and the other is $31. Is one better then the other? Is there something I should ask about ,like rpms or something?

http://www.sodajerkworks.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=145&category_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27

http://www.fun-tronicsllc.com/index.php?crn=352&rn=610&action=show_detail
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 12:47:13 pm »

Your comparing two different fans.
The one on the Funtronics site is the correct one.. the other one you pulled up is not for a Vendo 39..

That company has the fan as well, for $31.50.

it's basically the same price give or take a few bucks.

I personally buy most of my parts from Funtronics... they are great to deal with!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
kev_7680
5 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 01:15:53 pm »

that's the link the site sent me and said it was for vendo 39
kev_7680
5 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 03:19:16 pm »

Got the motor out and noticed the wire that goes from motor to relay box(I think that's what its called) is pretty old and has tape on it in 2 spots but the wire that goes to plug outlet is brand new. I got this diagram on forum http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,7691.0.html

Is that diagram right for my vendo 39? What gage wire would I use...Im not good at electrical stuff but my cousin is an electrician and he is going to ask me what to bring with him...thanks again
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: