SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 12:26:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: supco 3 in 1 wiring  (Read 3666 times)
hipburwig

« on: May 24, 2014, 12:00:44 am »

installing 3 in 1 on selectomatic wb-60-k6-d Howdy once again. I finally bought a supco 3 in 1 1/4 to 1/5. the old coil realy wore out and I cant find another one and It was suggested to buy one of these.  I tried to get this thing to work and it does not work if I put color to color from compressor. darn
I drew a little drawing of how I got it to work. is it posssable for a compressor to run backwards? if someone can take a look at my chicken scratch and tell me if its ok or if im gunna burn it up running it like this. if i hook it up by color the compressor run for 2 sec then shuts off while the fan will stay on. if I take the wires from the old relay 2 black and one red and connect them together It works just fine. what is the purpose of the relay? to save the contacts in the t stat?

above is how Its wired and works

this is how it was wired
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 07:40:50 am by hipburwig » Logged
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 08:27:06 am »

if I take the wires from the old relay 2 black and one red and connect them together It works just fine.

I'm not sure why you have the old relay in the system nor do I see it in your drawing, but I see you are also using the old overload.
        The Supco is supposed to replace both of these.

I had to look back at your original post on this for a little more background.
http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,19253.msg152716.html#msg152716

Start your setup with only the 3 in 1. Hook the colored wires up to the compressor the way you have them now and the 2 black wires straight to power. If it starts and runs fine then add your thermostat and other components into the system prior to the Supco.

Glen
hipburwig

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 09:30:43 am »

I'm not sure why you have the old relay in the system nor do I see it in your drawing, but I see you are also using the old overload.
        The Supco is supposed to replace both of these.

the old relay is not in it. the first photo is the way I have it so it works. I do have it going through the old thermal switch. I assumed the supco  was just a power over load if it drew to many amps and not a thermal overlod incase the compressor was to hot. is it not necessary to run it through the thermal overload?

Start your setup with only the 3 in 1. Hook the colored wires up to the compressor the way you have them now and the 2 black wires straight to power. If it starts and runs fine then add your thermostat and other components into the system prior to the Supco.

I had it hooked straight to power (no thermal overload) and all colors to the matching color and it starts then stops kinda like the first pull on a weed whiper full choke start/stall. then I checked the wires for power out of the supco (if you look at the fisrt pic the power is backwards blk to wht wht to blk not sure if it matters) switch off or on with mm lead in load and other touching supco red and white I have power. swtich on with mm lead in neutral and touching supco blk I have power, off it goes away.  once the compressor starts if I disconnect the red from the supco and the white from comp it will still run just wont start. this is definitely beyond my basic knowledge of 110 I think im confusing myself by over thinking the colors should correspond with each other.

hipburwig

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 08:36:02 pm »

all fixed. thanks for everyones input. thanks kbareit for your time
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: