SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 03:24:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: compressor for WB-60-K6-D select-o-matic  (Read 5838 times)
hipburwig

« on: May 02, 2014, 07:15:20 am »

howdy all, woke up this morning and my soda machine didn't come on, I hear the condenser fan come on but the compressor does not come on. I hear it try to come on (buzz) then something clicks (relay) and stops then it will try again its very hot help. is there any on this list that i can grab out and use or i can buy from some one. any ideas or suggestions i have no clue what to do who is the actual manufacture of the comp?. This is the tag on the comp base

vendolater faygo on sides 7up on front  model: VF56Z-F ser:25024V56 LOR1

vendo enjoy coke wood grain model:HA56-E mfrs:01C7030AE ser:ORF087935

LA Crosse 7up model:100 ILL ser:127599

vendo 4 button model:v132 mfrs:01C1320AC ser:9MK006160

Westinghouse 6 button model:WB78-6B-20 ser:26514739
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 11:19:11 pm by johnieG » Logged
hipburwig

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 10:37:39 am »

well I went home yesterday and to try and see if maybe my relay wasn't given the compressor enough juice and when I turned it on it came on.  pretty much ran the rest of the day but when I got up last night  it was doing the same thing it was warm and just buzzing trying to come on and shut off and try to come back on.
hipburwig

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 10:19:22 pm »

any one know what this contraption is? some kind of relay or something? I think this is may problem. if I jump the connection that the disk is supposed to make she fires right up with no lag or slow start up. I get about 2V acrossed it and 109V through the winding. it located inside the compressor area. the wires are from the service plug to the t-stat, when the t-stat turns on it feeds this thing one goes through a winding to the black wire on the compressor and the makes the little disk move to connect the same black wire from the t-stat to the red wire on the compressor.  can I just wire in a 110 relay to make the connection and tie the red and black wires together?
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 10:41:51 pm »

Looks like a start relay of some kind, can't tell from your picture, maybe a side profile will help, it doesn't look like its OEM to me (Original Equipment Manufacture)

don't leave it jumpered for too long, you'll probably burn out your start winding on the compressor.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
hipburwig

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 08:23:25 am »

I don't have it jumped n runin cause I don't want to mess anything up. I guess it to soften the electrical load, to save the contact points inside the t-stat like a condenser in a points distributor?   I have no idea. I think its oe. it doesn't look like its been added or hacked in to the wiring.  ive never seen another wb-60 nor do I have an owners manual yet. here is a pic of it before I cleaned it up. it has numbers on it.  does any one on here know any one or have one of these and can tell me if this is oe. the wire diag on the door is pretty plain and its not on there, but neither are the fans and other things.

Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 09:03:02 am »

That is a start relay for the compressor, and it looks likes the contacts are getting pitted and not making a good contact all the time when the compressor wants to start, that's probably why you here the overload kicking in and out at times which is a safety device to protect the compressor. You can get a new one from either a local refrigeration shop or a wholesaler might sell you one.

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 10:22:28 am »

Yeah, like I said, it's a start/run relay, ( looked strange outsid of it's plastic case shown in the second picture) keep in mind that your machine is like 50+years old so I doubt any HVAC supplier would have an exact replacement let alone a cross-reference, a 1/4 HP 3-in-1 starter/booster will replace it, assuming you know how to wire it in place of the old one.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
hipburwig

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 01:59:24 pm »

thanks guys for your input. I figured it was some sort of start relay for the compressor. guess ill have to phone around for one. im sure I could figure out how to wire it. jack of all trades master of none biggrin if not, everyone on here has been very helpful and maybe can point me in the right direction. now that I think about on the compressor if the black is load white is common what is the red wire for since it also receives 110? is it to start the compressor so it has 2 110 wires like an big air compressor?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: